Chicken Feed Pale Ale - my first recipe attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannable1975

Reaction score
Rather, The first attempt to make it to the pot. I have posted a few on here and used the feedback of others to learn. You guys rock!

OK, got the day off from work, came home, and tinkered around a bit with my Tasty Brew site, plugging in ingredients I had on hand. I had planned to try to make a Bonde, and then I noticed that 1 oz of my Saaz ere American, with an A.A. of 6.8, where the others were Czech with an A.A. of 3.3.

DO I decided to try a Pale Ale. This is within the guidelines on the site - and it is brewing right now. will be pitched with the US-05.

Any comments? Think it will be any good? ( I'm calling it my Chicken Feed Pale Ale" fwiw )

recipe002.jpg

I can't see the rest of the recipe, but I think I'd split that 10min add with flameout if you're not already. Also, depending on what you're doing for a steep (technically its a partial mash), you should be getting more out of the vienna and wheat malts since they can self convert. I'm getting an OG closer to 1.07 by my calculations. Lastly, what yeast are you using?

I can't see the rest of the recipe, but I think I'd split that 10min add with flameout if you're not already. Also, depending on what you're doing for a steep (technically its a partial mash), you should be getting more out of the vienna and wheat malts since they can self convert. I'm getting an OG closer to 1.07 by my calculations. Lastly, what yeast are you using?

For the steep, ran water up to 158, pulled off of burner, added grains in bag, and steeped for 25 mins.

I can still split - I'm in the long boil now.

US-05 yeast

Back