New Control Panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p-nut

Reaction score
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I have a million questions but I don't know what any of them are! :fro:

OK, lets start with the most obvious one. What is the brain? I assume its the box on the right?

OK, lets start with the most obvious one. What is the brain? I assume its the box on the right?

Yes, the box on the right has 8 digital inputs, 8 digital outputs, 6 analog ouputs, and 8 analog inputs. It is a controller we use at work.

I went to NC State and worked at a homebrew supply store in Apex. We use to do the tour of the brewery in Holly Springs back in 1997. Small world.

Awesome looking interface, very jealous.

Yeah, I try to go to the CBC tour at least 3-4 times a year. It's an awesome tour and alot of fun. Plus, its about a 2 minute drive for me... I think that homebrew store is gone now, at least I haven't found any references to it online.

Whoa, that is SWEET!

If it had one of those big ole knife switches, it looks like it could be connected to an electric chair!

;)

Just finished testing last night. Everything works great except my exhaust fan. It cannot remove the all the steam. The rims heater controls to within .5 a degree with a one degree overshoot when making huge steps. So far I am very pleased.

Are you using a steam heat exchanger like your graphic :)

No, mine is like Sawdustguy's. That one was already in my library and I was too lazy to build another one. I'm guessing by your screen name that we work in the same field. I do commercial and industrial HVAC controls. So I guess you could help with my exhaust fan question. I know by adding lengths of duct you can reduce the cfm, but is there a minimum length I should use for my hood. Some one gave me the smaller Vortex fan and it wasn't enough. I bought the 400 cfm model and have to run new duct.

Looks like you and Kladue are our two process control experts now. Your panel is absolutely professional in every way.

I think he has taken it quite a bit further. I build panels at work so I have had practice. It is actually a battery box from a fire alarm panel. I mounted some back panels in the box and used some wire gutter.

Back