Best value Grain Mills

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my $89.00 cereal killed shipped is one difficult mill to beat.

i respect people who demand the best of equipment.

myself i've always drove used cars and work in a budget.

i suggest you educate your self on the many mills on the market & prices.

set yourself down and figure out how much you will use your mill, what kind of brewing you'll be doing , this will determine the crush you want and what you want to pay.

i had a brand new corona purchased on sale from williams, sent it back because i thought i needed a roller mill for ALL GRAIN. after some thorough reading from among the guys here i found out i could've gotten away for less than half of the cost of my cereal killer and been good to go for the kind of crush needed for BIAB with the corona.

lucky for me WILLIAMS refunded even the freight cost without a wimper. i call that above board customer service.:rockin:

i'm very happy with my cereal killer though and it fits right onto a bucket.
the corona needed mounting.

best of luck to you in your equipment quest!

GD:mug:

I was lucky and picked up a Barley Crusher for $15 from a small brewery that was moving and selling a lot of their smaller equipment. Took a bit of cleaning to get it in shape, but I am excited to try it out for the first time this weekend.

my $89.00 cereal killed shipped is one difficult mill to beat.

i respect people who demand the best of equipment.

myself i've always drove used cars and work in a budget.

i suggest you educate your self on the many mills on the market & prices.

set yourself down and figure out how much you will use your mill, what kind of brewing you'll be doing , this will determine the crush you want and what you want to pay.

i had a brand new corona purchased on sale from williams, sent it back because i thought i needed a roller mill for ALL GRAIN. after some thorough reading from among the guys here i found out i could've gotten away for less than half of the cost of my cereal killer and been good to go for the kind of crush needed for BIAB with the corona.

lucky for me WILLIAMS refunded even the freight cost without a wimper. i call that above board customer service.:rockin:

i'm very happy with my cereal killer though and it fits right onto a bucket.
the corona needed mounting.

best of luck to you in your equipment quest!

GD:mug:

Where'd you get it?

Awesome! Did it come set for a good crush or did you have to adjust it?

actually it did.....i checked it with a credit card which fit with a slight drag.

i monkeyed around with it some and ended up back at the credit card setting.

it worked for me but as a BIAB brewing i go for a finer crush than spray spargers. depending on your brew style you may want to adjust it, yet there are many testimonials stating roller gap was perfect for them outa the box.

good luck.........;)

cheers:mug:

GD

How do you know how fast the drill is turning?

The heavy duty drill I have is a variable speed, from 0-500 rpms. Since this drill is torque monster, I'm assuming the load of milling the grain won't decrease to total rpm's significantly. BTW... the highest rpm's to use with the Barley Crusher is 500.

Hello,
been thinking on making teh Concrete Crusher, but
I found a great price on 11#, 3 roller w/ hopper.

Kegco KM11GM-3R Grain Mill has 11 lb Hopper and 3 Rollers.
at $140.
I hope its still there!
Slim49

Zombie thread... but, slim49 I have the Kegco 3 roller mill and it is a great. I have also owned a monster mill and a cereal killer-- I won't be replacing this Kegco mill.

:mug:

Back