Need Help with stir plate project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gravedigger

Reaction score
I'm looking to turn my old Gamecube into a stirplate. I don't have much exp dealing with circuit boards/electronics so I'm looking for some advice. Should I try to use the exsiting power supply and on/off button or should I just take all the guts out and only use the enclosure? If it wouldn't be too hard I'd like to use the exsiting but if it's a real complicated thing I'll just use the enclosure and follow the projects already posted here for my wiring. Any suggestions/help is appreciated.

I would just gut it and use the enclosure. If I remember correctly, the power button is on the top, right? It would be difficult to mount the fan with the existing electronics getting in the way. It does, however, have the four controller ports on the front. It would look pretty cool to have your speed adjust knob on one side, power button on the other, and a couple of totally aesthetic and altogether unnecessary LEDs in the middle two...

Most likely the plastic power button is just an actuator with a little rod on the backside that presses the actual power button that is mounted on a circuit board. You may be able to gut the electronics and mount a different button behind the actuator.

Back