Battered Boar brewing - Lions Tooth Floret

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makomachine

Reaction score
Just have to throw out a recommendation for a locally brewed farmhouse ale that I really enjoyed this past weekend. They add organic dandelions at the end of the boil and it gives a nice subtle herbal bite to the beer that I really enjoyed. It's limited release obviously, so if you are in the area I encourage you to try it. Inspiring me to give this a try next year by gathering some of my own dandelions on the back of our acreage for next years farmhouse brew.

426773_350443635036658_1739873077_n.jpg

I used to put dandelion flowers in my apple jack. Gave some color,& a different sort of sweet flavor in the background. Been a really long time. My sparkling apple jack was a lot like an asti.

SoonerDoc said:
I'll check that out. I really liked Battered Boar's Working Man Pale Ale.

Haven't had Working Man yet but it's in the list of 'to try'

unionrdr said:
I used to put dandelion flowers in my apple jack. Gave some color,& a different sort of sweet flavor in the background. Been a really long time. My sparkling apple jack was a lot like an asti.

I really didn't get any sweet from them that I could tell, more of an herbal bitterness. Hard to pick it out and they definitely used them subtly in the beer from what I can tell.

Back