My Brewery Name and Logo. Check it out.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onecolumbyte

Reaction score
So I worked up a logo for my brewery. Shameless copyright infringment but I love it.
For those of you who are wondering I used Inkscape, an open-source (free) vector drawing program. It's very similar to Illustrator. In fact you can use all of the Illistrator tutorials found here at Adobe's site. The tools are different but the techniques are the same. I used the manual tracing technique to trace jpg's I posted in the background. When the individual objects are created then you can fill and such. Biggest problem is file type. Inkscape uses SVG and it's not widely supported. It will "export as bitmap" which makes wonderful desktops. JPG publishing is difficult though, for example you see my drop shawdow under the rocket as "blob-y" but it's really a smooth gradient.
522260702_f0805b939b.jpg

So what do you think?

is it weird that I always rooted for Wile E. Coyote to get that damn Roadrunner?

Nice label.

gabe said:
I like it----maby make the rocket a keg ! Leave the fins and wick though.

That's the second comment I've got to make it more beer related. I'm working on it. My first idea is to use a beer bottle in place of the rocket. Coyote would be poised to open the cap and thereby launch the bottle. Pretty easy to say but I don't know if I can draw it.

I REALLY like the keg idea, KISS. It'd be pretty easy to sketch and implement it and if I keep the fuse then he's all set for takeoff. THANKS!! :ban:

todd_k said:
is it weird that I always rooted for Wile E. Coyote to get that damn Roadrunner?

Nice label.

Me too. Never really liked roadrunner. Wile E. was the best.

I'm more of a Marvin the Martian kind of a guy. Hmmm, you could start a whole line of labels! Very Angry Ale perhaps? how about Earth Shattering Kaboom Kolsch???

It is amaizing how many people like the coyote best. Add me to the growing list of coyote fans.

Down with the road runner, up with the coyote!:rockin:

So what do you think?[/QUOTE]

I like the label. I'm trying to develop my own label and I appreciate your reference to Inkscape. I will post a thread once I've made my label. Thanks again.:mug:

KopyKat said:
It is amaizing how many people like the coyote best. Add me to the growing list of coyote fans.

Down with the road runner, up with the coyote!:rockin:

Yeah, I always kind of felt like the road runner was a real 'sswipe.

Well I finally got around to a more beer related logo. As I said before I worked a bottle into it instead of a rocket taking off. I like it but wonder if the bottles too plain. Also have a "pocket label" or small tag (it's actually much smaller, think full logo for back of shirt and bottle cap for front pocket area).
1665380340_188e3c97b9.jpg

1665530908_114a6eb14b.jpg

onecolumbyte said:
So I worked up a logo for my brewery. Shameless copyright infringment but I love it.
For those of you who are wondering I used Inkscape, an open-source (free) vector drawing program. It's very similar to Illustrator. In fact you can use all of the Illistrator tutorials found here at Adobe's site. The tools are different but the techniques are the same. I used the manual tracing technique to trace jpg's I posted in the background. When the individual objects are created then you can fill and such. Biggest problem is file type. Inkscape uses SVG and it's not widely supported. It will "export as bitmap" which makes wonderful desktops. JPG publishing is difficult though, for example you see my drop shawdow under the rocket as "blob-y" but it's really a smooth gradient.
522260702_f0805b939b.jpg

So what do you think?

Maybe it's just me but that rocket looks awfully phallic. :D

Back