What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WesleyS said:
I love everything from Stone as well even their IPAs and I'm not a fan of IPA. This one is definitely interesting.

no doubt it's interesting. But for me, it was an interesting bottle of crap.

I'm drinking something I made at the moment. It's called hopnormous citrus IIPA. It's 113 IBU's and 8.7%abv. I used predominantly citra hops and also added lemon, orange and tangelo zest in the boil, has an amazing citrus character and despite the high IBU it's quite smooth! Rather nice on a warm night like tonight.

Drinking my Northern brewer SMaSH and watching My morning jacket's live stream from the forecastle fest. Its a brilliant way to spend an evening

Drinking my zombie dust (skeezer recipe) vs the real thing. Have to say I prefer mine.

image-4106260114.jpg

Kate00 said:
Deviant is tasty

It was my first one ever, tasty indeed. Seems like every state except Illinois gets Oscar blues beer...It tasted similar to Ska Modus Hoperandi, so when this four pack is gone I can at least stick to Ska when I want something like it.

I got some Gubna too, from Oscar blues. Looking forward to it.

speedyG said:
I had one a week ago. Great beer. Too bad bevmo was out yesterday

I actually enjoyed this one. No surprise since I enjoy everything I have had from Stone. I was worried about this one since I'm not a big fan of anise/licorice. But the anise wasn't overwhelming. It had a lot going on so with each sip I tried to detect all elements that went into it. Very complex and, for a big beer, easily drinkable. I'm finishing the last bit as I type.

Cracked open my belgian style honey wheat ale after being in the bottle for two weeks. Nice and smooth for 6.7% ABV.

jonmohno said:
Mikkeller Ultramate 1000. It does taste like 1000 ibu's.In fact now i know what chewing on a hop out of the bag is like. It doesnt really "go away"

I am VERY jealous of you.

I am VERY jealous of you.

Its worth trying once. But kinda like trying a Rogue Voodoo Dougnut Maple Bacon (as far as novelty-not tasting like one at all)-- your on your own after that. I didn't really like it that much though except for the fact it was beer.:cross:

jonmohno said:
Its worth trying once, but kinda like a Rogue Voodoo Dougnut Maple Bacon -- your on your own after that. I didn't really like it that much though except for the fact it was beer.:cross:

Is it different than the 1000 IBU?

Is it different than the 1000 IBU?

Very, but similar in that its kinda one of those novelty beers. Mikeller beers have alot better offerings than that. It just seems more like an experimental/novelty just because.

jonmohno said:
Very, but similar in that its kinda one of those novelty beers. Mikeller beers have alot better offerings than that. It just seems more like an experimental/novelty just because.

I do/did enjoy eating a whole hop a time or two, until it came time to taste something else. But, it's an experience I enjoy from time to time.

My last bottle of my IPA. It was good, but time to move on to other brews. I'm gonna brew the IPA recipe again soon, because it was friggin tasty.

I have some wit in primary and sparging a hoppy imperial red, but alas I have no home brew so I am drinking Hoptimum :)

Drinking: a Traditional Sweet Mead....which I force carbonated to make a sparkling mead...quite sweet, but not bad and the CO2 helps to cut the sweetness a bit.

Conditioning: IPA...total opposite end of the spectrum.

My second keg of BM's Cream of 3 Crops.

frozen glass and no finings means this picture doesnt do this beer justice.

IMG_0117.jpg

Hops of Wrath, Dustbowl Brewing Co. local beer at our local county fair. Fresh and tasty on tap.

Walker's Reserve Porter later at home, great day.:drunk:

XINGU Black beer from Brazil. Not bad, part of a mixto sixer I picked up near my daughter's soon to be college (SUNY Alfred) close to the hotel we were staying at (Wegmans in Hornell).

Back