Anyone ever consider brewing when looking for a new home?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yea. Right now my current house does not have a brewing room or any area that is suitable for brewing indoors. My wife mentioned the other day that when we decide to move we likely need to build a house so I can have a dedicated room to brew in, with natural gas, vent hood, temp controlled ferm chamber and floor drain. She also said I should get "one of those shiny things with the big pots on it at the HB store" LOL, she brought this up and to think she never really cared for this hobby other than the end product!

I think that is acceptable to want a house that meets the needs for your hobbies.

I think that is acceptable to want a house that meets the needs for your hobbies.

+20

I just got pre-approved on thrusday and told my real estate agent I need room for a nice big chest freezer, and a garage to work on my motorcycle and brew.

Its not unreasonable to want your hundreds of thousands of dollars to go towards something you can utilize to its fullest.

In 2-3 years I am moving into a 3 bedroom apartment. I plan to use of the rooms as my office and part of the room will hold a chest freezing so that I can finally do some lagers and I can keep 2-3 fermentors on it for ales.

I hadn't brewed for 10 years and wasn't even sure I was going to get back into it. However, when I bought the house I'm in now I was pretty excited when it had a finished basement with a small corner, unheated and no windows knowing it'd be good for homebrew aging.

Latest posts

Back