My lunch is worse than your lunch.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildwest450

Reaction score
Stupid cruises, everyone has to be skinny. There's a $240 pot to whoever loses the most weight before Jan 15. This has been my exact lunch and afternoon snack (no cottage cheese) 5 days a week for one month. This, coupled with drinking my breakfast and post workout snack, and 4 days a week of cardio (treadmill) has lost me 16lbs. I'm down from 185 to 169.

I can't get much lower, I haven't been in the 160's since high school! On the bright side I feel great, and have a boatload more energy. But I gotta say, the raw broccoli, and chicken breasts are getting old.:(

DSCN2173.jpg

I started a diet of Indian box lunches, a diuretic, thyroid supplement,a 16 flights of stairs daily (workdays).

Losing 2 pounds a week.

I am trying for a loss of 60 pounds in a years time. I am down to 218 now, shooting for 160 but will be gleeful to see myself at 180.

Oh. Todays lunch is Masala Okra, Curried Lentils, and Coffee.

I'm not a very healthy eater - I guess b/c I only weigh about 135-140 (5'6") I don't think its necessary - but I'm sure my arteries, etc. aren't pleased with me.

For shiz and giggles - here's what I ate for lunch: 6" turkey/provolone sub with mayo only (no veggies), ziploc full of cheesecurls, cup of mandarin oranges, cherry coke, and a pumpkin cookie. A little bit of everything, but nothing too great LOL.

FWIW, breakfast I had cheerios w/ 2%, a piece of peanut butter toast, and of course, a coke.

Luckily most dinners I get are a little more balanced than these... including some good lean meat/fish/etc. and veggies usually.

I guess it could be worse though!

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, raw carrots and celery with dip, red pear, and cherry yogurt. Followed up with a second fusion of green tea tips.

Typical style lunch here.

I bet my lunch today was worse than your lunch. I got a big-mac at McD's and there was a 1" twig with thorns in it. If I was the litigious type I would sue Michael Jordan - ( he own's that particular McDonalds ).

I bet my lunch today was worse than your lunch. I got a big-mac at McD's and there was a 1" twig with thorns in it. If I was the litigious type I would sue Michael Jordan - ( he own's that particular McDonalds ).

I'm guessing that was intentionally put there....I can imagine dead mice and cockroaches showing up, but a twig w/ thorns? Who did you piss off?

That chicken looked freakin gross!

I had a Smart Ones™ "Roast Beef" Life Insurance med exam next Wednesday. I want Deep fried snickers and a Bacon roll for dinner that night.

You know, you can change up the menu a bit and still lose weight. It doesn't have to be torture.

You mean I can still eat a Bacon wrapped deep fried snickers 3 times a day and still lose weight?

What was I thinking?

Oh. You said change the menu. How about a snickers filled bacon ball instead?

You know, you can change up the menu a bit and still lose weight. It doesn't have to be torture.

I am a robotic animal my friend, I cannot enjoy life without discomfort and pain.
Plus I refuse to cook for myself:D swmbo cooks up the chicken for the week, then I chuck it in the microwave for 30 seconds, it's actually better than it looks.

Plus that's what weekends are for, I change it up then.

I am weird about not needing food, but for me, if the choice was between that and nothing... I would take nothing everyday for lunch.

I too am trying to shed about 20 pounds, but I am nowhere near that dedicated.

Wow, that sucks... Good that you're losing weight! but it sucks to have to eat that... so what happens when it's all over and done with? Do you go back to eating a lot more? Are you trying to make this a "lifestyle change" or just until the cruise? You've got more will than I do man!

Delissio Oven Pizza.... They were on sale and I'm poor and studying for a midterm. Plus I can always have a slice later before the exam.

yesterday home made beef stir fry with leftover Ribeye steak and a huge mound of fresh spaghetti squmpkin fried up with garlic butter and onions and a Mild brown.....:)

Today a store bought salad and water.:(

If I stopped drinking beer I would most likely 10 lbs real quick .

is it going to happen? I think not.

Wow, that sucks... Good that you're losing weight! but it sucks to have to eat that... so what happens when it's all over and done with? Do you go back to eating a lot more? Are you trying to make this a "lifestyle change" or just until the cruise? You've got more will than I do man!

At 40, im trying to be a more healthy, but there's no way i'm keeping this schedule up after the cruise. I do want to continue with the weight training and cardio.

I am weird about not needing food, but for me, if the choice was between that and nothing... I would take nothing everyday for lunch.

I too am trying to shed about 20 pounds, but I am nowhere near that dedicated.

If you skip meals, that's the fastest way to put on weight. You can trick your body into thinking it's starving, it will use every calorie you put into your mouth into reserves, hence fat.

I bet if you ate 5 small sensible meals a day you would lose weight.

I'm guessing him and several people are going on a cruise and they are all obese and want to look good in their swim trunks/bathing suits so they're having a friendly wager to help motivate the weight loss.

I'm guessing him and several people are going on a cruise and they are all obese and want to look good in their swim trunks/bathing suits so they're having a friendly wager to help motivate the weight loss.

Hard to tell, his gallery is just full of nekkid chicks :rockin:

A huge mug of tomato soup and a slice of blueberry pie. I think the pie had double the kcal of the soup.

You tools! I would hardly call myself obese at 185lbs.

And the up yours chicks were in an old thread I did about the consequences of not properly posting in fight club.

And yes it's a cruise ship, who wouldn't want to look good for the cinnamon hotties??

Freshman year of college I gained 30 pounds between the end of soccer season and winter break. BY the end of break (a month later) I lost all 30...

I try to keep my weight a little more constant now days.

You tools! I would hardly call myself obese at 185lbs.

And the up yours chicks were in an old thread I did about the consequences of not properly posting in fight club.

And yes it's a cruise ship, who wouldn't want to look good for the cinnamon hotties??

That would depend on your height. Cause you know BMI is the medical fact. ;)

Cinnamon hotties? Is that anything like trying to pick up a stripper? Sounds expensively frustrating.

I have sunkist tuna packets every day for lunch and I have snacks of carrots or celery throughout the day and a whey powder shake. So my lunch sucks to; but it keeps my weight in check and gives me more energy for work, gym, and most importantly the kids.

I know the things that will help me loose weight. Slightly better diet, and more cardio exercise. I am sure I could loose weight and still maintain my beer consumption, and yet I just keep making excuses like not having enough time.

I have the utmost respect for anyone who starts and sticks to any sort of diet/exercise plan. It is one of the hardest things to get going IMO.

Back