Custom tap handle search

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kass_Brauhaus

Reaction score
Anyone have any advice for making custom tap handles? Seems simple enough to turn them on a lathe, but does anyone have suggestions for a handle where one could replace a logo for a beer? In other words, I want to be able to change the brew the tap handle is attached to and display its logo in a classy way.

I bought tap handles with a blank area for the logo. I just created the logo print it on photo paper and then use double-sided tape to attach to the silver area. Then they peel right off and I put another on.

Bought tap handles at Taphandles Inc. - Custom Beer tap handle, tap marker, and tap knob supplier. We design and manufacture quality tap handles, tap markers, and tap knobs for breweries of all sizes.

DSC01623.jpg

DSC01624.jpg

Monty....you're......a......GENIUS! This is my first post, usually I just browse around looking at fun stuff...but this....this....it's amazing. Seriously. So sweet I had to post just to say thanks for the instructions and wonderful layout. I will be putting this on my new Keezer that I am building in the next 2 weeks! :)

And your sig....it's incredibly disgusting and wonderfully excellent at the same time.

What's the total cost on that per handle Monty? This seems like something that could catch on quick if the price is right.

:mug:

I know that hardwood railing can be found at Home depot in the hard wood floor section for $5 a piece, I did this same thing for a few projects. (table legs, tap handle...) But mine didnt quite turn out like montys, I like the addition of the thin wood front so you can put writing there. I just used a wood engraver and burner to write into mine then stained them.

Mine were inspired a bit by Montys and a little by my brewing buddy.

Short table legs at Home Depot and they already have a threaded rod that mates up with the ferrules for tap handles.
Small piece of oak for the top (drilled both sides and used glue/pin construction)
Rookie card holder epoxied on the oak so I can slide printed labels in from the top.

Outsideoffridgeupdated.jpg

I found some acrylic handles on ebay that you can slip your label into. They're not fancy but nice looking and only $10 a pop.

Monty, your handles kick major butt!

Oh, I see them now. I think I've seen them before. Very nice!

I had a similar concept, partially stolen from a brewery in Traverse City. Basically the same kind of look but with a steel plate screwed onto the front of the faceplate. Then you could print various labels on magnetic inkjet stock and the swap is as easy as peeling one off, sticking another one on.

I have been wanting one of these for a while... they could do awesome custom tap handles. Pricepoint is a bit high...

CarveWright

Oh, I see them now. I think I've seen them before. Very nice!

I had a similar concept, partially stolen from a brewery in Traverse City. Basically the same kind of look but with a steel plate screwed onto the front of the faceplate. Then you could print various labels on magnetic inkjet stock and the swap is as easy as peeling one off, sticking another one on.

I bought three matching commercial tap handles off eBay, peeled off the decals, applied magnetic paint to the face, painted them black and BAM I can swap my custom magnet labels to the tap handle whenever I change the keg.

I posted about it in the Labels Forum...

DIY Custom Tap Handles with Magnetic Labels

These are not as fancy and nice as Monty's but I know they're cheaper.
I found the wood in a bin outside a pallet factory.
I made the one in a shape of a bone as I call my brewery the lapdog brewery (name came to me as I drank my first beer with my Jack Russell sitting on my lap)
img_2250.jpg

I had some old laserprinter decal labels left from a previous DIY project.

I do wish that I could change the labels but I'm not that fussy as to what beer I pour myself.

As for mounting them I just drilled the hole in the bottom before I started to shape the tap and then screw into the bottom a threaded insert. I cant remember the size, I took the taphead to the hardware to make sure I got the correct size. I think the insert was 40 cents or something like that.

Nicely Done Monty!!
Where did you find or how did you make the artwork for the tap labels? They are great. I do not have an artistic bone in my body but was hoping to be able to make something on the comp and print it off...

Either way Nice work.

Very nice, sir Monty. I will definitely take some cues from you when I get the loot together to build a keezer/start a brewery and distribute the tap handles. Those are surely cheaper (and more personally creative) than the ones I got quoted at some point. If only I had access to a lathe. That would make things fun.
Thanks, take care

Mine were inspired a bit by Montys and a little by my brewing buddy.

Short table legs at Home Depot and they already have a threaded rod that mates up with the ferrules for tap handles.
Small piece of oak for the top (drilled both sides and used glue/pin construction)
Rookie card holder epoxied on the oak so I can slide printed labels in from the top.

I did something similar but really wanted interchangeable label slots. Your baseball card holders are genius for those of us just wanting something simple.

Latest posts

Back