Fusel Alcohol Machine??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIusedtoBe

Reaction score
Hey guys I brewed a Pale Ale this past Thursday night and I've had a case of lightning quick fermentation and was wondering about a few things.

The particulars:

OG 1.060
Yeast: Wyeast 1056 American Ale / healthy starter from second generation.

I've used this strain plenty of times and I've never seen it ferment this fast. I pitched it Thursday night the 19th at about 9 PM and now the Krausen is nearly fallen back completely.

The temp was about 78 when I pitched which was a bit higher than I usually do but then by the next day it was down to about 74. Now it is 72 with fermentation wrapping up.

This carboy was churning unlike any I've ever done before which I assumed was because of the higher temp and the high krausen starter but do you all think I may have a problem with off flavors?

Thanks,
Al

I don't know what I was thinking. Obviously I must not have been. Anyway I just checked the website and 72 is the high end of the range.

Anybody else fermented with this strain at too high temps. What was your result?

Hopefully this one will be okay since the temp has fallen to the proper range before the fermentation was complete.

Regards,
Al

Back