allen wrenches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davis119

Reaction score
does it bother any one else that when you buy a folding set of allen wrenches they work great but then become loose and guess what you need tio tighten them an allen wrench..... it should be a damn philips screw.......

/rant

You mean you only have the single set of allen wrenches??? Wow... lol

IME, the ones that are folding are more for carrying around, or a quick toss into a tool bag for going someplace else. I have ones that are in a plastic holder, that you remove to use (nothing to tighten). I also have a set of T handle wrenches for when I need those (got them when I had my first motorcycle in order to do some maintenance myself). I also have some that are for use on a 3/8" ratchet.

Seems like you need to get some more tools over there. :D

they are in my mountian biking back pack for quick fixes..... i have the standard and metric set of individual ones .. im just always to lazy to get them to tighten it up..... id rather have a few beers and post the topioc on 3 differnt forums :D

Got my first allen wrench a few weeks ago. Drove my car over one on the thruway and the bast*rd got stuck in the sidewall of my front left tire. Damn thing cost me $200.00 bucks.

I like the ones that come in the plastic carrying case. I also need to get a set of T handles. I think my folding pocket sets have flat screw heads on the sides....

I have a nice snapon ratcheting t handle that will accept any standard driver bits. I use it all the time for Allen head stuff on my bike

I used to work as a maintenance mechanic and still have all my tools. Consequently, I am just shy of about three sets each of the standard and metric Allen wrench packs. Unfortunately I have about seven each of the plastic holders floating around my toolbox. I also have a full set of each of the t handles and two sets each of the sockets. But not a single set of the folding Allens.

Back