Where do you weigh in- Topic of almost 0 importance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I agree that "very Korean" is a horrible explanation (I love KimCheee and Bulgogi) what I find most annoying when visiting ethinic restaurants is the seemingly impossible task of explaining what "Hot" or "Spicey" means.

For example, I can order something "Hot! Scale of..." and I get this crappy thing that, I think, they cooked near the peppers.

However, my asian wife can order the same "Hot! Scale of..." from the same place and it's near inedible.

So, the scale changes.

This is exactly what I was typing about.

This is probably because they get a lot of people come in who ask for very spicy food and want to send it back because it's too spicy. Some people don't understand that spicy means more than jalepeno heat in Asian food.

Better to underwhelm and add more spice than overwhelm from the beginning.

I don't understand why they thought you wouldn't know what the word kidney meant. I'm guessing the menu was in Chinese?? Like if I ordered a dish called "large bull penis" I would assume I know what to expect.

:eek:Do you need me to stamp your man card or validate your parking or shine your shoes or anything?

Or should I just bow down with my face flush to the floor?

Why is it so hard for me?

Don't get me wrong, I can eat Uni. Uni would have 97% of americans running for the bathroom with puke spraying between their fingers, but compared to you that is less than NOTHING.

You know this brings to mind a conversation I had with a former Japanese girlfriend when I made the comment about how they eat almost anything that comes out of the ocean. And I mean ANYTHING. If it can be digested, they eat it. Except starfish. I asked my girlfriend at the time why they don't eat starfish, and she said because "that's disgusting".

Apparently that's where they draw the line....

Also I found out from my wife the other day, they also don't eat bass (?)

I cannot confirm if that is just my wife, or WTF is going on. She was reading something online and asked me if I eat bass, and I was like "of course I eat bass I used to fish for it all the time. It's delicious!" And she said Japanese people don't eat it...

It is ALL what you were brought up eating..........OK not ALL....but a lot of it is.

(God knows whwre creamy grew up)

If you are brough up eating cow rectum, then there is nothing to it.

Back