The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love that show.
funny thing i think about is in the first season when he climbs in the tank it would have been so cool if he could have drove it but of course then it wouldnt be much of a show cause they would just be in the tank all the time.

Love that show.
funny thing i think about is in the first season when he climbs in the tank it would have been so cool if he could have drove it but of course then it wouldnt be much of a show cause they would just be in the tank all the time.
True and besides that would have been a terrible vehicle to escape in. My favorite seen was the zombie in the park that was missing everything from the waist down. She was crawling to get him and was making that gasping grumbling noise. I was like yes, final these are zombies.

Not going to get to watch it tonight, but it's recording, that's for sure! I just hope they deal with the cheating/love/simmering sex issues quick because I hate that whole part of the story.

I know that they wanted to remind us that Daryl is racist, but wasn't the SS emblem a bit much?

I never caught that.

Since it's been a year, remind me. He's the one with the cross bow, right? He's the one that ended helping the black guy when he shreaded his arm on the wrecked car. I found that interesting. 'Cause I thought he was the racist.

319500_10150329813890777_675730776_8588015_1014372208_n.jpg

I never caught that.

Since it's been a year, remind me. He's the one with the cross bow, right? He's the one that ended helping the black guy when he shreaded his arm on the wrecked car. I found that interesting. 'Cause I thought he was the racist.

Yup, that's the guy. I honestly don't remember if he was as obviously racist as his brother, but I think it was implied. Anyway, there was the SS emblem painted on the tank of the motorcycle he was riding in last night's episode.

Yup, that's the guy. I honestly don't remember if he was as obviously racist as his brother, but I think it was implied. Anyway, there was the SS emblem painted on the tank of the motorcycle he was riding in last night's episode.

The SS emblem is commonly used by bikers in outlaw motorcycle clubs. It has various meanings depending upon the club, but the most important thing is that it's supposed to be intimidating. Considering that it was painted on a motorcycle gas tank, I didn't find it that out of place. I've seen quite a few bikes/bikers in real life with that symbol. I personally think it's dumb, but....

season two opener would have been solved easily if they had a 50 cal strapped to the roof of that rv. Those walkers were prolly following the sound of that D**n motorcycle!

damn. poor kid.
Anyone have the feed on who shot him? Or is it going to be one of the "Others".

How long do you think they can go with there being a believable explanation for the zombies still being "alive"? I'm thinking the clock is ticking on that one. Even some of the bodies on this first episode didn't look decomposed enough. And I can unfortunately say I have plenty of real experience with that...

lustreking said:
I know that they wanted to remind us that Daryl is racist, but wasn't the SS emblem a bit much?

Haha. I noticed that as well. It was very subtle on the side of his gas tank eh?

Please tell me that there is at least one other person in this thread that doesn't like the blonde girl. I think her character is awful. And she really gets under my skin for some reason. Not sure why...

I have been looking forward to season 2 since the day after the first season ended.

While I liked the opener, I was mildly disappointed.

The kid getting shot at the end surprised me. I didn't see that coming. I was thinking, "What kind of parent lets a boy walk up to a 1 ton buck." That's Hollywood though so I can't really complain.

I shouldnt have read through this thread.

I've been trying to watch it on XFinity while the 2 year old naps, but he wakes up every friggin time. Maybe this weekend. Walking Dead doesnt seem to be something he should be watching. The last episode of Breaking Bad was probably pushing it enough.

Anyone also excited for Hell on Wheels?

I love AMC

Are you disappointed they didn't have Carl kill Shane?

Yeah, the "I was banging your wife while you were gone" thing was neatly tied up in the comic. Now it's dragging on a bit. And the fact that they had Carl shoot him was a better building block for Carl's character.

Hated the end of the first season, loved the season premiere.

The ending was great, kinda saw it coming but yeah, that was nuts. Guess he needed an orange vest!

I'm now actually more stoked about this than walking dead.

Indeed. Walking Dead can only be about so much. Zombies and the inter-personal relationships going on between the group members.

Not so with Hell on Wheels. The possibilities are limitless!

Indeed. Walking Dead can only be about so much. Zombies and the inter-personal relationships going on between the group members.

Not so with Hell on Wheels. The possibilities are limitless!

DOn't get me wrong, I love zombies and everything, but I'm a huge fan of that time period, post civil war, victorian era (I umpire vintage base ball games) and I like steampunk, which this looks to have some elements of.

I watched the first season of falling skies. It was good....for network stuff. I'll be watching the second season. Walking Dead > Falling Skies

Pretty sure it's Merles bike that Daryl's riding, that plus the fact that his name has come up in every ep this season, makes me think they're setting us up for a horrific return of Merle(sp?)

Daryl's quickly becoming my favorite character, totally practical, would definitly want a guy like that in your your group. I hope they don't "Boba Fett" him! to paraphrase Brian Posehn from Talking Dead after show.

Yeah, I didn't think that was actually Daryl's bike but I'm sort of new to the show. He's pretty much my favorite character...I wish they would do a little more with him than show how bada$$ he is.

I can't believe what an A-hole Shane is for what he did last episode. The guilt must be something fierce.

Back