Freezer wiring SOS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramok1

Reaction score
I recently converted a Kenmore Black 8.8 cu. ft. Chest Freezer. I thought I had the wiring to and from the Love controller correct. I placed some beer in to chill down and fill my 1st keg and I pulled it out today frozen. Here are pics of what I did.
2422-thermostat.jpg
2420-back-love-controler.jpg
2421-thermostat-control-wiring.jpg
Any help would be appreciated.

considering the voltage there - I don't like the looks of all that excess copper showing - I hope the red is shared - that or you're certainly going to short something out.

You should not test this on your freezer, with beer in it. You should plug in a lamp, then put the probe in warm water, then cold water, then warm water - the lamp should go on - off - on...

Ausom got it working! It looks like there were two problems one was a programming of the controller error the temperature sensor was set for the wrong probe type, and I had changed around the wiring a little bit when trying to isolate the problem. I bought a short extension cable at harbor freight for 3 bucks and spliced into it. This by passed the whole wiring mess and was how I was able to find out that there was a problem with the probe. After I figured that out I changed the wiring a little more to tweak it so there was still power to the lights and such and gave the love controller direct control over the compressor.

2452-love-working-wiring.jpg

Back