Need a Sierra Nevada Torpedo Clone Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrfish

Reaction score
So I tried the Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA (American IPA) this week.

I really liked it. I'm looking to do a IPA in a few batches. Anyone have a clone of this? will take any recipe, allgrain, partial or extract. will be converting to partial mash.

Thanks!

Is that really all the citra hops you need? Doesn't seem like that much in the grand scheme of the hop bill. I need to do a brew with citra to see what it's like. Thanks for the recipe.

Might have to go with AHS Mini-Mash kit, my shop doesn't carry citra hops.

Looking for that issue of BYO

Thanks again for the info.

One thing that byo highlighted was the dry hopping. SN is dry hopping by circulating the beer through tanks full of hops. Seems like something homebrewers couldrecreate with a sanitized hopback?

Can anyone provide an extract/partial mash recipe substitute for the all grain SN Torpedo? I have Citra hops that I am looking to use. Thanks, Montanaandy

I did this recipe and it is better than a Torpedo, or at least has more hop/fresher hop taste. Is excellent tasting...:ban:
I used same recipe with Magnum/Summit/Fuggles and it'll be ready next week. I will post results:drunk:

Mashed about 60 min@ 152 and fly sparged.
Ingredients
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
2 lbs Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 2 12.5 %
14 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 1 87.5 %
1.50 oz Magnum [14.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 3 58.2 IBUs
1.50 oz Crystal [3.50 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 4 7.2 IBUs
1.00 oz Magnum [14.00 %] - Boil 5.0 min Hop 5 7.7 IBUs
1.00 oz Citra [12.00 %] - Dry Hop 10.0 Days Hop 6 0.0 IBUs
1.00 oz Crystal [3.50 %] - Dry Hop 10.0 Days Hop 7 0.0 IBUs

Latest posts

Back