questions about water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reidi_tim

Reaction score
I am real new to the hobby ( working on my first batch ) I've read there is a lot of difference in water and the final product. I've aslo read it is best to use store bought drinking water. The question is I have a ro/di water filter. At the ro stage the water is around 11 ppm tds. At the di level it is at 0 ppm with is unsafe to drink since it would pull minerals from your body being it is the pure form of water. Has anyone out used either ro or ro/di water???

I doubt you are drinking enough at a time to do any damage. I think using ro (reverse osmosis) or di (distilled water) is fairly standard among people with sub-par water.

It's ambitious to consider water on the first outing, but there's plenty of technique to master that will probably affect the quality of your beer more than the water quality at this point.

I doubt you are drinking enough at a time to do any damage. I think using ro (reverse osmosis) or di (distilled water) is fairly standard among people with sub-par water.

It's ambitious to consider water on the first outing, but there's plenty of technique to master that will probably affect the quality of your beer more than the water quality at this point.
di water is not distilled it is de-mineralize meaniing that the atomic make up is pure h2o nothing else no other atoms attached. I think of water quality 1st since that is a main objective in my salt water hobby.

Back