Brewing in 107 F Weather....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewin_CRAZY

Reaction score
So a buddy and myself decided to brew a 11 gal batch today in 107 F weather. For the most part (mashing, boiling, heating up water) we just sat in my house and watched everything from the A/C through the sliding glass doors, not a bad way to brew. However it was still just a pain in the a$$ to walk outside and check a temp, let alone do something for more than a few mins out there. You would walk out and instantly be sweating, woot heat+humidity. It was a great idea and a horrible idea at the same time. Should be a good IPA though. So whats it like, anyone actually brewing outside (not hiding in their house) during this heat wave in the northwest?

Im excited for the beer and believe me you, not going to brew again until the temp drops to low 90s ideally the low 80s, holy crap this is hot. Common, im from Oregon, where is my RAIN!!!!! :confused:

Brewin_CRAZY - You are certifiably insane, forget crazy.
If the temp hits 90F I'm searching for air conditioning and not leaving. Let alone stand over a boiling pot.

Brewing tends to be intense activity, followed by long stretches of waiting. Those long stretches can be spent INSIDE, if it is too hot.

I'm brewing Friday afternoon. Forecast is 82*F. Which is really nice for the end of July in the Memphis area.

I have two brews on the schedule for August. However, if it is TOO stinking hot, I have the pipeline full, so I can delay them if needed.

Brewing outside in Houston, TX. Temps this year have been in the mid 100's for most of the summer, but outside brewing is the way to go! (Of course, the pool makes things a lot nicer!)

Brewing outside in Houston, TX. Temps this year have been in the mid 100's for most of the summer, but outside brewing is the way to go! (Of course, the pool makes things a lot nicer!)

No way man, I would die. For the little time I spent outside, in the shade where it was 107 I just wanted to keel over. I would rather brew in the snow, much rather brew in the snow and let the alcohol warm me up!!!!

LOL, it's all in what you're used to I guess. I can't stand to be cold, I'm miserable in the cold. I don't mind the heat, but you can keep the cold! I moved to Houston almost four years ago from Memphis, and the climate was a big part in my asking for the transfer.

LOL, it's all in what you're used to I guess. I can't stand to be cold, I'm miserable in the cold. I don't mind the heat, but you can keep the cold! I moved to Houston almost four years ago from Memphis, and the climate was a big part in my asking for the transfer.
Another one here.

I can't stand to be cold but I do not like the heat. That makes South Texas winters great. Not too cold.

i'm brewing up in whidbey island. a little cooler than 107 in Portland. Its about 92 right now. Wort is cooling as i type.

I live in GA and we try to brew in the evenings in the summer. It is so humid here all summer that if we didn't brew in the heat we would only brew 8 months a year.

Back