Article in the New Yorker on Dogfish Head, Brooklyn Brewery, and "extreme brewing"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent article, I read the whole thing straight, I really should be writing a paper, but it looks like I'll have to toast that article with a Hop-a-riffic IPA in the hopes that I will one day have a brewery that creative and successful.

Mr. Climateboy:

What a pleasant surprise to find this article waiting for me this morning. Makes me even more inspired to brew better beer and pursue this mad process. Maybe I can even talk some friends into visiting the festival next October!

Appreciate you posting this.

Mr. Climateboy:

What a pleasant surprise to find this article waiting for me this morning. Makes me even more inspired to brew better beer and pursue this mad process. Maybe I can even talk some friends into visiting the festival next October!

Appreciate you posting this.

Well, though I live in DC, I am a New Yorker, so occasionally my pretentiousness is useful for other people.

I shall insist on being called Mr. Climateboy from now on.

Yep, really cool article. Even more interesting is that Garrett Oliver stepped in to defend his comments (and suggest that they were misinterpreted).

Great article, Sam is my hero. I may have to take the rest of the day off work and stop by the beer store for a couple of 4 packs of the really good DFH now.

Ahoy hoy,
Every time I read interviews with Sam, it always enforces my justification for throwing strange things in the brew, which usually occurs when im sampling a past brew while making a new one :p
The more I have sampled, the more likely I am to be...uh...creative....during the brew process. And so far its always come out for the better. Nothing like positive motivation!
I bid you all a great day.

Latest posts

Back