Corny... Now What?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hurricane09

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was given a corny today (yay!), and have searched the equipment forum, but can't really find any details on what else i need. I know I need the disconnects (where do I purchase - I'm in Canada if anyone has suggestions), CO2 tank and a tap. Is that it? Oh yeah, kegerator/keezer - I should be able to handle this. One step closer! Any tips/suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.:mug:

Great Hurricane .....

You pretty much summed it up....

you need a CO2 or brewgas tank and regulator,
disconnects for your type of keg,
a way to dispense your grog
and beer

You may want to research "force carbonation"

grats on the keg ... once you keg .. you may never go back to bottles :)

Northernbrewer.com
williamsbrewing.com
austinhomebrew.com
Kegkits.com

You also need a regulator, clamps, hose, etc. Read around at kegkits.com and then search the plethora of HB shops online for what you need.

Thanks, guys. I thought I had it mostly covered. Now to find the rest of the equipment by the time my Edwort's Haus Ale is ready in 1 week...

Beer side:

Faucet
Shank
Nipple/fitting kit (something to connect the line to the shank. Some shanks come with it, some dont)
Hose Clamp
Beer line hose
Hose Clamp
Disconnect

CO2 side:
Disconnect
Hose Clamp
Air hose
Hose clamp
Regulator
CO2 Tank

If you are making a tower off the top of your kegerator/keezer, you'll need a tower obviously. Or if you want to start kegging cheaply, you can eliminate the faucet/shank/fittings and go with a picnic tap.

well just reading the thread about the rolling keg cooler co2 can be had easily at lowes if you have one up there. check the thread.

I had the same problems, couldent get what I wanted localy so had to order it all from the states. I ended up going with alternative beverage and buying the whole kit including co2 tank from them. They ship USPS so you dont get hosed on brokerage fees. I did order my reg from Micromatic (Dual chrome reg, shame to hide it in the fridge) and it cost me an extra $60 for UPS to fill out 3 sheets for customs. I am really get sick of getting hosed by UPS at customs. Also anyone notice that everything in canada is nearly twice the price? I mean I am all for supporting the local guy but not at twice the price!

Wing nut

Latest posts

Back