Activity in air lock at bottling time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnome

Reaction score
Ok got 12 days in primary, 1.062 og( waiting for hops to arrive), racked to secondary 1.012 sg. dry hopped in secondary for 11 days. Ready to bottle and notice airlock activity, slight white foam on top of hop bag. What do you think? should I bottle?

14 lbs. pale malt
6.5 oz Victory malt
1oz Galena hop
2oz blend of hops
.5oz glacier(dry hop)
.5oz simcoe(dry hop)
.5oz amarillo(dry hop)
1/2 tsp gypsum
1 tsp Irish moss
Wyeast #1187 Ringwood
Estimated final gravity for style is 1.010-1.018
Airlock activity all but stopped after racking to secondary, temp has fluctuated 67F-70F. With the Dry hopping I rocked the Charboy daily to mix flavor. Noticed hop pellet crumbs floating on top but last night I noticed that a slight foam was developing on top and airlock was bubbling 1 bubble every 20 seconds, still has 1/20 sec today. maybe crash cool and bottle tomorrow?

It has been still for 5 days and then it started Bubbling, maybe because I was rocking it. activity had all but stopped in Primary. When I put it in the Fridge for crash cooling I noticed that the Vodka in the airlock had a yellowish orange tint to it. Now I am worried about infection. I may have a ruined Batch on my hands.

Latest posts

Back