lots of foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve50

Reaction score
just opened a hefe after 2weeks in the bottle. foamed a bit upon opening then as I poured it I had lots of foam.
Comments please.
Taste was great though and so was color.
Steve:mug:

Did you stir in the priming sugar thoroughly? I've recently had a problem of uneven carbonation levels due to my just racking on top of the sugar solution and not stirring.

figured it was a little early. usually wait 3 weeks. thanks for the help have a great night
steve

figured it was a little early. usually wait 3 weeks. thanks for the help have a great night
steve

Just stick one or two in the fridge, and you can open them tomorrow. Usually 24 hours is plenty of time- there isnt' any reason to chill them for an entire week first. Unless you want to, and have lots of room in your fridge. I don't, so I open the next day.

Most of my hefes (Weihenstephan wyeast) carb up really quick with the corn sugar I use. I'm usually drinking them at around two weeks, but yours sound like they need a few more days of conditioning yet. I'd wait a full three weeks, refridgerate one, and try again.

Pez.

Back