Are sodium bicarbonate and sodium carbonate the same thing? are they washing sodas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

letsbrew

Reaction score
Well now its hard to find PBW in Mexico (maybe the distributor doesnt import it any more) so i was using Oxyclean but has the little blue dots (i guess they make to foam, so the rinsing activity became harder but it works).

I came up with the idea of using sodium bicarbonate it comes in white powder. But doest it really works this stuff for cleaning in an alkaline way my equipment?

:mug:

one is commonly called baking soda, the other is baking powder.

they are different.

no, they will not work as a replacement of cleaners like PBW or caustic soda or oxyclean.

You want sodium percarbonate, that's the ingredient in Oxyclean, pbw, etc. Most of us use oxyclean here in the states.

So look for a washing soda that contains an majority of SP.

hehehehe it seems i want to bake some desserts hahahahah (no baking soda!!)

so its precarbonate what i need, i m going to search for some one or still using oxiclean

any way today i m gonna assist to a conference with the brewmaster of new belgium brewery and his head of production at the 4th Festival de la Cerveza in Guadalajara,Jalisco yeah!

Latest posts

Back