And yet ANOTHER keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cracked1

Reaction score
I am so excited to stop bottling!!!! WOOT!! :ban:

The two tap kit is set to arrive tomorrow according to UPS. Here's what it looks like without the faucets and all that...

Craigslist find on a 5.3 cubic foot freezer. Painted black and added a collar that I stained to match the dining room table and chairs.

Front5.JPG

Had some wood left over so I put together a little box for a drip tray. Added a couple stainless shower strainers with velcro and put a couple cups underneath. Won't do much for a big spill but it'll catch the little drips.

Tray_1.JPG

Tray_2.JPG

Also had some foam board left over so I made a tube and mounted a PC fan for air circulation.

Inside10.JPG

All being controlled by an ebay temp controller with a laminated celsius to farenheit chart on top.

Controler.JPG

Thanks to all those who came before me and showed me the light! :mug:

At least three cornys will fit maybe four if I really squeeze them in. That's why I put the bottle opener where I did. If I move that opener to the side and put a third faucet in its place then they will be perfectly spaced accross the face. For right now it will be two with room to fit a carboy for lagering.

What did you paint the freezer with? Im on the fence on whether or not to use the appliance spray paint or do it up in chalk board paint (Which I ultimately want to do anyway.).

I've got a 5.3cu ft as well. If your collar is high enough, and it looks like it is, you absolutely can fit 4 kegs if your CO2 is outside the keezer.

Looks very good!

What did you paint the freezer with? Im on the fence on whether or not to use the appliance spray paint or do it up in chalk board paint (Which I ultimately want to do anyway.).

Regular old Krylon... I used the satin finish though so it matches the wrought iron look of the table and chairs. I would say that if you want the chalkboard paint eventually then just do it that way now. Just remember that proper prep goes a long way. A light sand over the entire surface and primer anywhere it's needed.

I've got a 5.3cu ft as well. If your collar is high enough, and it looks like it is, you absolutely can fit 4 kegs if your CO2 is outside the keezer.

Looks very good!

I'm the only beer drinker in the house and I'm not too sure if 4 taps are currently necessary. Although, I can see expanding later to have one for soda, one for cider and two for beer.

Very nice! How did you make the seal black? Sharper?

The seal is still white. It doesn't really bother me but I am contemplating coloring it in with a sharpie or something.

Everything came in today! Here it is all together. I made some temporary handles using finials and inserts from Lowes.

front_done.JPG

handles1.JPG

Bro... Nice build.

As the weather here keeps getting hoter and hoter I am getting tired of going out to the garage to fill a pitcher.

How did you mount that drip tray? I love it and it really put a nice touch to the whole project.

Bro... Nice build.

As the weather here keeps getting hoter and hoter I am getting tired of going out to the garage to fill a pitcher.

How did you mount that drip tray? I love it and it really put a nice touch to the whole project.

Started out by routing out slots in the back and mounting magnets in them. I wasn't happy with the hold even after using 3 of them with 30lb pull strength each. So it's now held on with liquid nails. I figured I have the right paint, chisels, sanders, etc... and I can make it look good again if I decide to remove it and go with something else.

Back