Converting Briess Munich LME to grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

br1dge

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been trying to find the answer to this question on previous threads but have not found a concrete answer. I have a Partial Mash recipe I brewed a while back that was a hit and now I want to giev it a go All-Grain. My question is really what grains should I use to convert the LME to grains?

I have read that Briess Munich LME is 50/50 2-row and munich. So should I just add 1/2 2-row and 1/2 munich grains until I reach the numbers Im looking for? Will this give me the same or very similar beer?

Thanks for any help!! :mug:

According to Briess' website, that ratio is correct. So yeah, that's exactly how I would go about converting the recipe to all-grain.

Thanks guys!! I finally ended up finding an all-grain recipe for the beer I was trying to brew. Interestingly enough the recipe I found was pretty much all 2-row and no Munich. I am going to try this out and see how it turns out. If it sucks I will reload and try again. Thanks again!!

Rather than try to substitute for the extract, which is itself a substitute for all-grain, why not just write the recipe from scratch to fit the flavor and style profile you want?

Back