Bands you should like, but don't.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rod Stewart...

I love the Faces and I love Maggie May, but wtf Rod? Had to break away from rock and start singing general 80's crap.

oh well...Ron Wood is a beast, and Ronnie Lane was great singer, but of course Stewart had to be a ******.

Grateful Dead, and that complete FVCKSTICK John Lennon.
Why?
GD - Sorry, a big hippy following and LSD advocation don't make good music
JL - Imagine if they would have let him and Yukko stay in bed until they went away.

I'm so glad John Lennon is dead. It only took a couple of years for Bono to step into his shoes though.

The Beatles in general

What I dislike is when musicians start to push political messages across. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for social change, but an entertainers job is to entertain..not to be an activist.

This is why I severely dislike Lady Gaga.

The beatles never got too political as a band, but Lennon did. If I remember correctly, McCartney applied for US citizenship because he loved America. McCartney is a patriot.

What I dislike is when musicians start to push political messages across. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for social change, but an entertainers job is to entertain..not to be an activist.

Totally, just f'ing sing or play or whatever. What the f do you know???

Back in the 80's I used to enjoy listening to the Police but I am not quite sure why but I just cannot stand Sting by himself...Come to think of it I cannot stand most muscians that have just one name (or symbol) to go by.

I like the Beatles but I have to admit I never really liked what John Lennon was doing after they broke up. Paul had a couple good albums right after they broke up ( guess he had a lot to say) but then got bubble gum and all his songs were terrible, no feelings just stupid happy songs.

Back in the 80's I used to enjoy listening to the Police but I am not quite sure why but I just cannot stand Sting by himself...Come to think of it I cannot stand most muscians that have just one name (or symbol) to go by.

Maybe because he is a ****** of epic proportions who makes crappy pop music when left to his own devices ? Not that The Police wasn't bubblegum at times, but Fields of Gold is the anthem of dumpy 50 somethings housewives everywhere.

What SHOULD they sing about? You can only write so many songs about love and cars............

Back