Seattle/Vancouver/Portland beer sites

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack

Reaction score
I'm getting married on July 31 and will be in Seattle, Vancouver, and Portland on my honeymoon. Like most people, I've heard about that area being beer savvy.

So ... where should I go to put my faith in the supremacy of Wisconsin beer to the test? I'm interested in stuff like cool brewpubs, beer bars, and interesting brewery tours.

I've read about various places on Beer Advocate, but was hoping to get a more personal touch.

For a list of what's on tap at bars all around Portland (and a few other cities) you can check out: http://portland.taplister.com
Some places to check out in Portland for beer geeks are Belmont Station (a bottle shop with 1200 different beers and 16 taps with some unusual beers. Horse Brass Pub, with 53taps of some great and varied beers and one of the original places where Portland's beer culture started. Upright Brewing makes some interesting beers and has a tasting room open on weekends only. Hair of the Dog Brewing has a new tasting room. Cascade Brewing/Raccoon Lodge makes some of the best sour beers around. Widmer Brewing has a good tour, whether you like their beer or not. Hopworks Urban Brewery has an interesting, eco friendly brew pub as well.
There are a bunch of beer websites dedicated to Portland's beer scene/culture. The Beer Here is connected to the local newspaper, The Oregonian, but there are many more you can google.

In Seattle, my faves are:

Bars:
The Stumbling Monk
Brouwers (Good food too)
Beveridge Place (West Seattle)

Brewpubs:
Naked City
Elysian
Malt & Vine (Redmond)

In Vancouver there is a cool little bottle shop called By The Bottle. The prices are a bit high, but its worth at least checking out. Right next door is an awesome brewpub called Salmon Creek Brewery.

I recommend both the red hook brewery and the mac n jacks brewery, they are right around the corner from eachother so you can hit them in the same day, the red hook tour is only a dollar too amazing!

Yeah, if you're gonig to be in Portland, you can include Vancouver WA as a possibility. They're both right there.

In Seattle, someone mentioned Naked City Taphouse. It's run by an HBT member and is a must do.

Back