Homebrewtalk and Guiness world record?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sAvAgE

Reaction score
This Idea just came to be. what would it take for this community to brew the biggest batch of Apfelwein. I was thinking that we all get together online and put together a couple of batches of Apfelwein on the same day. and then record what was done on January 1 2008 and see about putting in a submission to Guiness world records.......

Then on the first day of summer we all take pics, post them for submission

What do you all think about that?

It's not really a big batch if it's done 5 gallons at a time in different places is it?

If that's the case, AHA has a lockup on May 5 and Nov 3 of this year on largest batch of beer.

IIRC, Guiness doesn't document records based on photos/video. They have field agents for verification.

Bobby_M said:
If that's the case, AHA has a lockup on May 5 and Nov 3 of this year on largest batch of beer.

Think they could beat BMC if they combined their daily production?

Guiness takes their records pretty seriously. They would need to be able to verify the results by one of their judges.

I'm all for doing the brewing a claiming a world record but I don't think we'd be able to get Guiness to verify it.

Back