Super Bowl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno 'bout the Stupid bowl, except that I hope the Colts win, but I have to ask about your handle- might that be an aircraft number??? November Mike 68657???? Sorry it was the first thing I thought of & got curious.

Bernie Brewer,
NM68657 is just a random passcode that I use. No imagination here. I've thought of flying, but smashing into the earth at 200 + miles per hour is not the way I want to go, right now. I grow more risk-averse as I grow older. However, I would not be averse to plopping some cash down on the Colts this week!

Bears 147 - Colts 3. The only reason they score 3 is because Ditka won't be there to preserve the shut out

Since my Pats finally let one go to Peyton & Co. the Super Bowl lost a little luster. Should still be a good game, though. ;)

I talked to the butcher yesterday and my babybacks and butts are all set for pickup. MOST importantly, however, my local distributor just called and my log of Brooklyn Pilsner is a'waiting for me at the store.......this should mean 2 homebrews and 1 commercial on tap!!!!! :mug: The game is getting better by the hour!!!!!!!!

rdwj said:
Bears 147 - Colts 3. The only reason they score 3 is because Ditka won't be there to preserve the shut out

What if it was a mini-Ditka?

The only thing I'm looking forward to about this game is that it's a great excuse to make a big pot of gumbo. Not sure who'll be coming over the share it, but it's a tradition to make pulled pork, or chili, or something like that for the game. Much thanks to whoever posted those instructions the other day!

I hate the Mannings. One that I have to deal with Eli on a weekly basis, and two that I have to watch Peyton's crappy commercials. Screw 'em both.

Go bears.

todd_k said:
What if it was a mini-Ditka?

Mini-Ditka doesn't have the height to block the field goal attempt, but makes up for it with two additional safeties and a free buffet at his restaurant

I just hope the Bears don't win. That no talent ass-clown Rex Grossman does not deserve a Super Bowl ring.

uwmgdman said:
I just hope the Bears don't win. That no talent ass-clown Rex Grossman does not deserve a Super Bowl ring.

*looks to see where uwmgdman is from*

Ah, that explains it

I don't get the hatred toward Peyton Manning. I guess people just don't like his commercials but shouldn't you vent your anger toward the real bad guys like Chris Henry or steroid-freaks like Shawn Merriman?
Of course I want Manning to lose and lose badly but that's because I'm a Bears fan. Now if the Bears lose, I won't feel as bad because Manning is a class-act and does not deserve the venom that many people spit at him. I also like Harrison and Freeney since they're both Syracuse guys!

As for Grossman, the guy has been under fire all season and at times, I've been one of those critics as well. Unless you're blinded by cheese, don't you have to pull for him a little too?

Toilet Rocker said:
I hate the Mannings. One that I have to deal with Eli on a weekly basis, and two that I have to watch Peyton's crappy commercials. Screw 'em both.

Go bears.

Giants fan, eh? Yeah...Eli makes me hate football too.

Actually, I love this bowl. The Colts are my favorite AFC team and the Bears are my favorite NFC. I like it that these two get to play against each other. Personally, I'm sick of the Pats making it to the Bowl.

I think Manning is high-class. I think he's respectable both on and off the field and I look forward to him being an announcer one day. His commercials are great and his ability to throw is amazing.

Too many people have jumped on the Rex hating bandwagon and allowed his few bad games to blind them of all his great games. If you don't think he's scared of taking another hit that would injur him and almost certainly end his career, you're crazy. Everyone on the team backs him and thinks he's an A+ QB, despite his couple of lousy attempts. The fact is that he's a winner. The Bears' record is something to be marvelled at, and it's almost all because they WIN AS A TEAM.

todd_k said:
As for Grossman, the guy has been under fire all season and at times, I've been one of those critics as well. Unless you're blinded by cheese, don't you have to pull for him a little too?

I haven't chosen a favorite yet for this game and I'm not quite as venomous as my cheesie brethren. If it were the Vikings I'd definitely be a Colts fan.

For me, it's because Rex hasn't done his time yet & has been so schizo in his play. It's not like he put the Bears on his shoulders to get to the superbowl. Don't care to look, but did he have any come from behind drive winning plays? He could turn out good, or he could be the next Dilfer if the Bears win. Like I said for the NFC title game, if da bears win it's because of their defense which I'd MUCH prefer over Rex somehow being the MVP.

They beat the Seahawks in OT a couple weeks ago. Rex also has a better QB rating in the playoffs than Manning. Whatever that means....

EDIT: I guess that wasn't a come-from-behind win but still, a game-winning drive.

I think it's the youngster in him when you see so many long time greats just keep fighting to get there and never make the leap or take some years to win finally (ie Elway).

I thought that about Dwayne Wade in Miami winning so young; almost like are you really gonna appreciate it? Espcially if you never get back?

I don’t get the Manning hate either – and I kinda like his commercials too. The guy is super-talented and calls a mean game. Do you know how hard it is to make all those adjustments on the line? That’s f’n impressive!

As for Rex – ya, he’s had some bad games, but he’s had some really good ones too. Realistically, he’s a Rookie + a little this year. He’s going to improve and I like the way he carries himself.

One other thing. From an individual classy player standpoint, I'd be totally happy for Urlacher. Same goes for Manning and Dungy being I'm a neutral viewer.

EDIT - So I've been waiting patiently for one of you Bear fans to put up the HBT poll. Wazzup with that?

Nice pic of downtown

27508897.jpg

rdwj said:
I don’t get the Manning hate either – and I kinda like his commercials too. The guy is super-talented and calls a mean game. Do you know how hard it is to make all those adjustments on the line? That’s f’n impressive!

I'm not questioning his play. He's supertalented, no doubt. But his commercials are uberdumb.

olllllo said:
What do you suppose Ryan Leaf is thinking right now?

Have you heard him this year on the Dan Patrick Show? He is very insightful and would have a future in broadcasting if there wasn't such a stigma attached to his name.

todd_k said:
Have you heard him this year on the Dan Patrick Show? He is very insightful and would have a future in broadcasting if there wasn't such a stigma attached to his name.

The fact that he threatened to beat up reporters might make it a little difficult for him to be accepted as a journalist.

desertBrew said:
I think it's the youngster in him when you see so many long time greats just keep fighting to get there and never make the leap or take some years to win finally (ie Elway).

AKA Roethlisberger. Too young and cocky and his team didn't even make the playoffs. Much as I don't want the Pats in the Superbowl, Brady is probably the only "young" Superbowl winner to actually not let cloud his judgement.

the_bird said:
The fact that he threatened to beat up reporters might make it a little difficult for him to be accepted as a journalist.

2 words. Michael Irvin

I like him except when he's talking about Owens or the Cowboys.

I'd be astouded if the Bears beat the Colts this Sunday. Afterall, the NFC has been the NFL's junior varsity this year. There are at least four AFC teams better than The Bears(Colt, Pats, Ravens, Chargers).

Also, the Colts have beaten the Pats the last three times they've met, although this was the first playoff victory for the COlts just recently. My disdain for Bill Belichick grows each season...What a D---!

This is a fine excuse to be men, watch tv, drink beer and eat chicken wings... if men need an excuse, now we have it. Look at it like this... this is our excuse to be men and have a good time, like PMS is SWMBO's excuse to treat us all badly!

Brewpilot

GO COLTS!

Back