My chest freezer borke

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyb

Reaction score
I have a 24 cf chest freezer that died and now i have several issues.
1. I have 2 corny kegs that are fully carbed for 3 weeks that i am conditioning for my friends wedding. I have 2 more to add to the co2 but now i have to condition at basement room temperature about 65 degrees. I plan to set the regulator at 30psi. What will happen to the first 2 kegs that rcarbed at 10 psi? Should i disconnect them from the manifold? Or will the carb levels drop do to the temperature change? I plan to serve all 4 kegs at once at my friends wedding.

2. I have about a dozen mason jars full of yeast that have now been at room temperature for several days. Are they trash?

This is not awesome.

If you have any suggestions on the freezer that would be great as well. I replaced the thermostat but did nothing. Its dead no sounds at all.

Thanks for the help.
RDWHAHB
Dannyb

I would add priming sugar and "keg condition" the 2 you are getting ready to package and disconnect the co2 to the other 2 until you are getting ready to serve.

I thought this was a thread about a chest freezer you named borke, sorry to hear about your loss

Back