25 gallon pot for 15 bucks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GodsStepBrother

Reaction score
Hey guys i was walkikng around my local flea market and i found this

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/rammrodd69/

It seems to be some kind of kitchen pot, though it has wheels i looks like the perfect vessel to mash in. It has a pump that can drain liquid out of the pot. I
bought it for 15 bucks the guy had no clue what he had or he really liked the fact i brew beer b/c i owe him a 6 pack and i paid him 15 bucks for this. It is 25 gallons.

I am about to do a full grain and just finished my mash tin, however can anyone see any type of potential in it. The pump works so i was thinking one day i can make it into a huge mash tin. Or is is a loss cause?

Can you pop the wheels off and turn it into a boil kettle? You could drill out the hose connection and put in a weldless fitting for a ball valve.

yes that is what i thought but i have never heard of weld-less fittings i will research that.
THANKS!

what would constitute a heating element and where can i get one? do you mean like coil that warms up inside of it?

Looks like a steam heated kettle to me. You got a steal.

Look on e-bay at the prices of these before tearing it up...

Back