The Mad Elf

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammy71

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Celebration who?....:p

IMHO they have this dead on.... Not just a plain IPA but a true Christmas brew!!! :mug::rockin:

« Weekend roundup 10/15 | Main | Wanted: fashion-minded volunteers »

October 18, 2008
Mad Elf named #1 Christmas Beer
Troegs' infamous holiday brew, Mad Elf, has been named the number one Christmas beer in Don Russell's new book, Christmas Beer: The Cheeriest, Tastiest, and Most Unusual Holiday Brews.

Mad Elf, a regional holiday must-have, is the first named out of 50 top holiday craft beers. The book is a fun, interesting read, complete with suggested food pairings for each brew. (Mad Elf is recommended with a bacon quiche.)

Don Russel is a Philadelphia Daily News beer columnist and runs the accompanying website, Joe Sixpack.

Russell's book is available online at Amazon.com and the brewery (coming soon).

Don't forget to check out my column this Thursday for more information on Troegs new Tasting Room & Gift Shoppe.

Have you had the Ridgeway "Bad Elf"?

I thought that's what you meant... didn't know about Troegs.

Has anyone had the Ridgeway series?

Have a little Mad Elf every year and got to say that it is one tasty brew. Last year, I drank a sixer of the Mad Elf during a snow storm and felt like a Mad Elf the next day when I had to shovel snow with a bad headache.

Have a little Mad Elf every year and got to say that it is one tasty brew. Last year, I drank a sixer of the Mad Elf during a snow storm and felt like a Mad Elf the next day when I had to shovel snow with a bad headache.

A sixer? By God....after two I gotta good buzz going (11%) LOL:drunk:

If you get a chance to try a 1 year old version next to a current release, it's mighty fantastic. FWIW, Capones has the elf on draft right now. My current Christmas brew is loosely based off the Mad Elf.

I am new to homebrewing, but I love Mad Elf. can anyone point me in the direction of a recipe for something close?

If you search the forum, you'll find a recent discussion including input from an "inside source" ;)

I don't mean to sound helpless, but I can not seam to find it. Mad Elf are two terms that the forums search engine will not allow me to use as they are to common apparently. Any advice on some other key words to use?

Back