Grenache Juice Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbdist

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anybody ever made Grenache. Justed picked up a 6 gallon bucket of juice and started the fermentation. I have never had Grenache Wine. Wanted to try something different. I have read about mixing it with other wines but the guy at the shop said it would make a good table wine without much aging.

Thanks,
Bryan

currently making
15 gallons merlot
15 gallons pinot grigio
5 gallons amarone
6 gallons grenache

I've made the "Vieux Chateau du Roi" Winexpert kit, which is a Chateauneuf-du-Pape a.o.c. It contains Grenache, most likely more than 50% of the juice is Grenache juice.
It does make a good wine, but don't except it to have character like a Cabernet or even a Shiraz (in the Vieux Chateau it is mixed with Syrah/Shiraz and Mourvedre). But, it will make an extremely quaffable red wine, that is easy to drink and pair with food. If you want to give yourself an idea what to drink it with, look up the Chateauneauf-du-Pape page on wikipedia. It really is an ideal table wine, and if you make beer (sorry if you don't) I would compare this to a wheat beer: light taste, easy to drink and easy to pair with food and ready to drink early, while you let that amarone age.

Back