Recipe for Flying Dog Classic Pale Ale ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutilated1

Beer Drenched Executioner
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recipe for this wonderful beer ?

This is all I can come up with from reading their website...

Alcohol content: 4.7% ABV
Original Gravity: 1.052
IBU's: 36
Specialty Malts: 120L Crystal Malt
Hops: Northern Brewer, Cascade
Process: Dry hopped during furmentation with a **** load of Cascade hops

Here would be my guess:
10lbs 2-row
6-8 oz 120

.5 oz Northern Brewer 60min boil
1 oz Cascade 20-30min
1 oz Cascade 5 min
1-2 oz cascade dry hop

Yeast: WLP001, Wyeast 1056, Safale US-05

Mutilated1 said:
Thanks. I'm planning to try this and EdWort's Bee-Cave Kölsch, very soon for my first attempts at an all grain beer. I figure I might as well make a day of it and do two at once.

If I were you I would brew the Kolsch and his Haus Ale. It is tried and true recipe, better than my guess.

Also, consider this a bump to help with the clone recipe.

ahh thanks for the info

I'll try EdWort's Haus Ale some other time since I've already placed my order for the ingredients.

I think I will see if I can get a bit of Chocolate Malt in there to get closer to the recipe in that second link since boldone said his recipe turned out lighter. Looks like he used the exact same ingredients that I ordered except I ordered more of the hops than he used according to Beerrific's guess.

I see Austin Homebrew Supply doesn't have that Flying Dog yeast, is it still available ? I already ordered WLP001. If I can find some of the Flying Dog yeast I'd like to go with it, but it won't hurt my feelings if I have to use the WLP001.

Back