Something funny on Criagslist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pogopunx82

Reaction score
I was searching on my local CL today when I saw this. It's funny.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/zip/2960114370.html

Free Beer

What I am offering is indeed beer. 8% lager that most certainly gets the job done; if the job is just to get a buzz and not worry about pissing off your taste buds while doing so. Then yes, it will work.

Today I was at my local Harris Teeter (which I absolutely love) when I decided to get a "fancier" kind of beer to go with my evening routine of cooking food and enjoying the fine weather we are having. I went up and down the cooler giving the pros and cons to each of the breweries that my home dawgs at the Teeter provided me, which is beyond weak, but it works. I bashed #9 in my head as usual, but pondered the thought of a different fruity beverage ( I normally prefer the brew masters keep fruit out of my ****ing beer). On the bottom shelf tucked up against the cooler sides I approached what I thought to be my "gem" of the day, "Wild Blue - Blueberry Lager" by Blue Dawg Brewing. I remembered Sea Dogs blueberry ale and how it wasn't that bad on a incredibly hot summer day. I dismissed the fact I was 16 the last time I had that beer and went ahead and purchased this 6 pack of cold blueberry beer juice.

I was confident in my purchase I left the Teet. As I was walking out the cardboard handle broke and I lunged down to make sure my companions were okay in their cardboard carrier. A lady walked by and laughed about how that could have my ruined my day. Nice people in Hendersonville. She must have thought I was carrying a blue, artsy version of the banquet beer.

I got home and was honestly pretty excited to drink my beer and cook my Kale/Bacon/Onion/Garlic dinner. I opened a bottle, smiled, and put that homeboy to my lips, only to be ****ing real pissed off when it hit my taste buds. Instantly I started questioning who I pissed off in the day to give me this bull**** experience.

So in the end, I have 5 and 7/8s of these piece of **** beers in my fridge that I would rather not see there in the morning. I can't just throw them out, because even the deceased would be pissed if I poured these bastards out on the concrete.

Eat more kale, drink less ****ty blueberry beer.

I agree with him. Worst 6'er i've ever bought.

i had bought that thinking the same thing about salty dogs and blue point bluberry
'that stuff is like 7% blueberry wine not so great......

Funny that you write this post today. I was at the store looking for a fruit beer and saw their blackberry beer. I remembered how bad the blueberry one was, and walked right past. Fortunately I came across Abita Harvest Lager (strawberry beer). :mug:

The EXACT same thing happened to me 4 years ago. I thought it would taste like Sea Dog Blueberry Wheat Ale.

Wrong. It tasted more like IHOP blueberry syrup with some Aristocrat Rum mixed into it.

Poured 5 beers into the sink.

Funny that you write this post today. I was at the store looking for a fruit beer and saw their blackberry beer. I remembered how bad the blueberry one was, and walked right past. Fortunately I came across Abita Harvest Lager (strawberry beer). :mug:

whos blackberry one ? isnt wild blue michalob?

That's way funny!:cross:

While he does not leave it for girl friends is beyond me?

I know several ladies that would be pissed at that statement. Wild blue is ****. I would give it to no one, regardless of gender. If they want something sweet I'll give them a popsicle.

Back