Would this work for a brewstand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it would work. I would just be concerned at how much weight the stand can hold, as it does not specify on the site or that I could easily find in the manual.

Looks like it would work. I would just be concerned at how much weight the stand can hold, as it does not specify on the site or that I could easily find in the manual.

I would be worried about the weight it can support as well. The manual says not to use a pot/pan larger than 14 1/2 inches, I assume they mean diameter.

How big are you kettles?

I'll email them, I'm curious about the BTUs of the burners as well.

-d

I just noticed the BTU rating is 170,000

If you have a welder or know someone who does, couuldn't you just add a few reinforcement supports?

I have looked at both of these in person, they both look pretty sturdy and I wouldn`t have an issue with either one. The first one has 2 burners that match, 30k btu. The second one has one burner, 30k btu like the first and the second burner is 60k btu. Also have a few good reviews from buyers who like the heavy duty construction.

http://www.basspro.com/Browning-Two-Burner-Camp-Stove/product/10223482/-1746163

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...000?cmCat=CROSSSELL_THUMBNAIL#prodDescription

if they don`t come up, go to basspro.com and search burner

VB

only thing i don't like is 30k btu's. if you're willing to wait longer for the temps to come up, looks like it might be a decent setup

did some more research....looks like the brinkmann is 170k btu....at least that is the btu of the replacement part for that unit. Brinkman wins hands down!!

VB

Back