Faucets directly connected to kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do keep in mind that unless you greatly decrease the CO2 pressure each time you pour a beer you'll end up with a glass full of foam (no restrictions between keg and tap). You'd be better off going with 10' of 3/16 line and a picnic tap.

Get a threaded disconnect it will be more solid then barbed and make a trip to the hardware store with your faucet and and the disconnect. I made mine a horizontal unit that would go over the side of the keg because the first configuration vertical had way to much play on it from the connect to post.

Do keep in mind that unless you greatly decrease the CO2 pressure each time you pour a beer you'll end up with a glass full of foam (no restrictions between keg and tap). You'd be better off going with 10' of 3/16 line and a picnic tap.

yeah, I wasn't gonna keep the gas-in line connected. I was just gonna attach them to an already charged keg. It's mostly so I can pull pints from kegs in queue while waiting for space to free up in the kegerator.

They have a standard faucet adapter that replaces the barb on Ur Liquid QD. That's what I use. I think it comes with the faucet if U buy it. Mine did. Any place that sells kegging EQ should carry it. Hope this helps.

I made up a few direct faucets by putting a 3" piece of 1/4" ID polyethylene tubing between the beer out QD and a picnic faucet. Extra points for dropping a few epoxy mixing cores down into your dip tube if you plan to dispense the whole keg that way.

Back