White film on brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suex

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not really new to making beer.. Im no pro by any means, But every now and then I get a white bubbly film on the surface of the beer... It's in the secondary, and has been in the carboy for about 5 days....

Now this isn't the first time this has happened. I had this happened before a few times, I have no idea what this is, and if it's bad....what is this... I've looked through the forums and can't find anything on this.

I need to know what his is.....Thank you.:drunk:

I figure it's an infection... It's worked out before...

Suex,

I have had similar situations when I used to rack to a secondary.

All the brews turned out just fine. What I attributed it to after reading some of Revvy's sermons and closer observation it was C02 bubbles, what I found was that the yeast would get sired back up during the transfer.

I'm still very new here, I can't post pictures yet.... I like the yeast theory..

Good luck on yours! I'll be bottling mine tonight with the hopes it turns out ok. It's painful to think I lost just my 2nd batch. I'm annoyed at myself for possibly being too lax on sanitization.

Latest posts

Back