Need art for your labels?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKay

Reaction score
Hi, all.

I'm new to the site. My intro was posted only a couple days ago.

I make art for a living. Right now I'm illustrating a children's book in addition to the various logo work that finds its way to me.

What I'd really love to do is design some labels for all of you homebrewers out there. These are some images to give you an idea of my style, skills and professional limitations (haha). The O'PHX label is a work-in-progress (only about 20% complete) since I just started it a few minutes ago (with intentions to slap it onto my own bottles once we get to brewing), so go easy on that one.

If anyone is in need of some label art, please get in touch with me by replying to this thread or emailing me at [email protected]

marissapunchjpgcopy.jpg

junebugformyspace.jpg

earthspace2copyteeny.jpg

Label1copy.jpg

Wow cool stuff. I just hope you don't get overwhelmed with requests.

If I had a name for a brewery or my beers, I would totally request something.

Welcome to the HBT site. I was messaging about your good artwork for lables and was wondering if you would mind designing a style for me. I don't really know what I'm looking for so I was wondering if you already had some ideas layed out in your mind. Let me know what you think.

Harrison

findthefish, I do have several requests for artwork already, but as long as everyone's understanding that it's a first-come, first-served basis, it's all good. :) I love doing stuff like this so it works out. ;)

Let me know if you ever settle on a name/theme and I'll be happy to mock something up for you.

harryh654, I wrote ya' back in a PM. :)

EVERYONE ELSE:

Go ahead and email me directly with any serious inquiries about logos or labels at [email protected] since my inbox here is very limited right now. Makes things easier all around. :)

Here is label #1 for my fellow HBTers.

YooperBrew's awesome idea with an even better back story:

BLBlabelcopynotextsmall.jpg

That one was way fun.

I'm moving through my list so if you have a request in to me, please know that it's on its way. Just going in order. :)

Please post any new requests here or email them to me at [email protected]. The wait is approximately 2-3 weeks at this point. and THANKS TO EVERYONE for giving me the opportunity to create this art for you. I really appreciate and enjoy it.

Here's one more image just for fun...want your mug on your bottles? No problemo. Photo-to-cartoon stuff is my specialty...Check it:

IMG_3224.jpg

becomes:

BryWithBkgrdcopy.jpg

Narcissism rules. :-D

If you don't mind me asking, what is the name of that font on the label in the previous post?

McKay,

I've been looking for someone to come up with a logo for "End of the Line Brewing Co.". I have 5 of the labels in my gallery (quick photoshop job) if you need some ideas. Would you be interested in helping out?

the Broken Leg label is awesome... very clean. here's my back story guess: his leg got stabbed by a hockey stick :D

Sorta close- SHE got crosschecked into another player (on her own team!)and broke her leg in three places. It took two years to heal, so I started brewing to help pass the time while I was laid up. The lady that broke my leg was a winemaker- so I told her the least she could do to make it up to me was to teach me how to make wine. She did (a little), and I found out wine takes forever. So, I started making beer.

I still play hockey and still make beer. I don't know which I love more.

I love the label- thanks Mckay!

lol @ kelmore :p

YooperBrew: I'm glad you like it. :)

And no, I'm not overwhelmed, Grinder12000. I'm excited to have so many projects in queue!

I just want to get through them quickly so you can all get your art. :)

Big10Seaner, I've PMed you.

Here's the label for BigKahuna. Turns out I'm actually supposed to be making a logo and not so much a label - haha, oopsie - so this one was practice. Which is probably a good thing cuz the tiki's a bit goofy, on second-look:

Label1Tikicopysmall.jpg

Here are three more logos. It sounds like the King Kamehameha one made the cut (the one with the circle and spear). I'm pushing through the list of requests so thanks for your patience if you're waiting on stuff! :)

logo3copysmall.jpg

logo2copysmall.jpg

logo1copysmall.jpg

Nice looking art! Welcome to the site and I look forward to seeing your work.

Blue :)

Thanks for the welcome and the compliment, bluespook. :) I'm having fun with these images. Just wish I had more time so I could get them out quicker!

Oh, I'm getting a lot of PMs but my inbox is too limited to work from there, so please email me at [email protected] with any art requests as I'm working through on a first-come, first-served basis. I'm estimating 4 weeks or so til I get through the current list onto any new requests. Thanks everyone! :)

How about some art for Two Heads Brewing? I've come up with a few ideas in my head...but alas, I'm a developer and not an artist!

this stuff is amazing...could u make me one that has to do with chattahoochee river and fly fishing. And have Chattahoochee Brewing Company somewhere on it?

I'd like to hop in on this, my logo is mostly a combination of other people's work, when I get a chance i'll email you and show you what it is right now.

Thanks for the offer and welcome to the forums

TwoHeads and fat x nub, just wanted to let you know I see your requests and you're on the list! :)

Hey, everyone, I'm going to have to put a temporary pause on new art requests. Once I get through the requests I have in queue, I will ABSOLUTELY open it back up. In the meantime, hang onto your ideas and know that I look forward to hearing them and working with you on some rad label art! Thanks so much!!!

:)

I hope you are getting some donations for your work. I know if/when you get to my request I'll be sending something. Not close enough to send beer.

Also - you should really have a web page with all of your work on it - I'd be willing to put up a static web page if you need it.

THIS IS NOT A BRIBE LOL

Feel free to PM me

Rod

I few months ago I thought it would be funny to name an IPA in honour of Roger, Dwayne and ReRun: you know, those funny kids from What's Happening!!
Maybe those 3 turned into a cartoon...maybe a big ol exagerrated fro on Dwayne. And here's the best part: Call your IPA :D"What's Hoppenin'":D

i really amuse myself sometimes

How about some art for Two Heads Brewing?

Are you thinking 'cool/awesome' or 'goofy/funny'?

You could probably come up with something cool based on Cerberus (the three headed hounds of Hades in Greek mythology (but just make it with two heads) or you could go goofy/funny like that unintentionally hilarious B-Movie 'The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant' or even that scene in 'Army of Darkness' (which is most likely a nod to the former) where Ash grows another head :)

Emailed ya. Hope to hear/"see" from ya in about a month. Hopefully you don't get tired of all the free worked by then! haha

Just got automated email response DOH too late. Oh well I'll be keepin my eye out.

Uhm. She, if I'm not mistaken.

It's hard to "wear out" a designer, just swamp the in pile, that's all! :)

Can't wait to see all the new work once it's done. Cheers on the great service you're providing!!!!! I can't wait to come up with an idea! ;)

Hey McKay,

I know that you're full up but I just wanted to get in on the next list. PM me when you're ready and I'll send you what I'm looking for. Thanks! :tank:

McKay - Nice designs! I love the 3 designs for Kahuna... The simplicity and boldness of the 3rd one - the big yellow K - I really super love that one.

I'm a really good label designer too, but I don't have the time to accomodate all these guys! Thanks for doing what you do!

Back