Show us your bottled wine.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bottled these two - elderflower wine and hawthorn berry wine - unfortunately I only have a dozen bottles of each but we live and learn!

Gj9VNwh.jpg

Would you recommend the hawthorn berry wine?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I bottled my scuppernong today. I am really proud of how it turned out considering I am a noob.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413496299.099511.jpg
I used Zorks instead of corks. I didn't have any problem pressing them in (used my hand). Wine doesn't seem to hang around too long at my house, so after I age these about 6 months to a year I am sure they will disappear rather quick. Zorks should work fine in that time frame.

Would you recommend the hawthorn berry wine?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I would recommend it yes - colour is very unique and so is the taste. Best drank young I find and I have always added some white grape juice to it. I think next time I will use a white kit as a main base and simply add the hawthorn berries as an addition rather than fermenting the berries with sugar and adding grape juice to supplement it..

What went into this wine Tony? I didn't realise you had wine circles in Italy. I thought being one of the best wine producing countries in the world you wouldn't have them!

Great looking wines everyone. I'm sorry I haven't looked into here in a little while. I'm getting into making beers now. I know, ass backwards, right? That sums me up though. Start with the more challenging one and then go backwards. Hahaha.

Back