Local home brew stores

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ctforte

Reaction score
Hey fellow RI home brewers. Just looking to get a concesus on everyones prefered local brew store. We seem to have a few in our neck of the woods

On the other side of the bay so any are a PITA to get to.

I have shopped at Basement Brewhaus in Providence and Blackstone Valley Brewing and have had good experiences with both.

Yea agreed Ive been to both as well had great experiences. the only thing that sux for me is the closest one is in coventry and I was not a fan of it at all. But if anybody gets a chance check out craft brew supplies in wyoming down in south county. There fairly new but is quickly becoming my preferred home brew store

http://craftbrewssupplies.com/ is great for those in Southern RI.
They're pretty new, but have good service and seem to be pretty active -- especially with new brewers. It's a nice big shop with a good layout. There's also a homebrew swap fridge. (Bring two bottles... you'll share the first while you're there and the second gets traded in the fridge).

There is also Silver Lake home brewing in Providence/Johnston line. I went there and it's an interesting little place. They have the best price for a brewbelt I've seen. 22.99.

There's also brew horizons in Warwick. That's the LHBS that got me started. They don't have the most things, but still some things. I just see that in RI, the two biggest LHBS are in the way south(craft brews), or the way north (blackstone) so I just wanted to toss some more in the middle.

I stopped by CraftBrew in Hope Valley this afternoon to pick up some ingredients. You can e-mail them ahead of time and they'll have it ready for you. Pretty convenient and the owner Chris was a cool, knowledgeable guy. I'll definitely be using them in the future.

I just got into brewing this year and have been using Blackstone in Woonsocket mostly for my supplies. The owner is a really nice guy and very helpful too. I've been meaning to try the place in Hope Valley but haven't made it there yet.

Yeah I was just looking at that the other day. BTW pick your own hops 1 South County Trail in Exeter RI today until 2pm. I believe they have Newport and Cascade.

Back