My third batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose5

Reaction score
I brewed a couple of times about 20 years ago without much success. I just finished my third batch which was my very best to date. I brewed the Midwest Kolsch extract recipe. This was my first attempt using a corny keg too. My beer was much better in the carbonation department using a keg. From the secondary to the keg I put a little blast of CO2 just to make sure it sealed and then put it in the fridge. Twice a day I'd crack the gas and shut it off. About the third week I turned on the gas at 12 psi. I'd try a glass every week. At 8 weeks I began general consumption. This batch also cleared very nicely at 6 weeks. I intend to try this one again.

In the secondary right now is a strong Belgian ale. I plan to keg it but condition it at room temp. Any thoughts or comments about technique? Anything additional that I should be doing? Not be doing? Thanks.

Back