PET Bombs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RubenAlonzo

Reaction score
Hi All,

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever had a 2 liter PET bottle explode on them? The reason I ask is this weekend I bottled my test batch of WCPA and bottled it after a week. It did not taste sweet but I wanted to see HOW it would compare with my other brews fermenting longer.

The PET bottles I used to bottle are confidence inspiring, BUT some of them already are getting ROCK HARD. I plan to taste them this weekend, but was wondering if I should let some carbonation out first today on them to prevent a blowouts?

Anyone ever had one pop in a PET?

Hi All,

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever had a 2 liter PET bottle explode on them? The reason I ask is this weekend I bottled my test batch of WCPA and bottled it after a week. It did not taste sweet but I wanted to see HOW it would compare with my other brews fermenting longer.

The PET bottles I used to bottle are confidence inspiring, BUT some of them already are getting ROCK HARD. I plan to taste them this weekend, but was wondering if I should let some carbonation out first today on them to prevent a blowouts?

Anyone ever had one pop in a PET?

Hey congrats on your WCPA. I have the same kit and I just popped mine a couple of days ago to try it out. If you followed the directions and you did not over prime you will be fine. I did mine with dextrose (priming sugar) that most people use on the forum for priming.

PET can take a lot of abuse. Have you have played around with a chlorine and alcohol in a PET? Yeah, they are tough. The Mr. Beer PET's are a little thicker which makes them really good for carbing beer. Let it condition for a couple of weeks, put it in the fridge and open one up slowly when your ready.

The beer taste great. Very akin to popular lager styles with a bit more flavor. Its a flavor that anyone can pick up and say, "Wow thats good beer." Its very non-offensive beer.

Back