What do you think of my portable kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_O

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Si I figured I already have a couple taps in my bar at home but it would be nice to take some brew with me camping and I don't realy bottle so I built this little thing.

Plan is to have the kegs sitting in a cooler full of ice and this contraption on my table. What do you all think besides some crooked lettering.

IMG_20130221_091615.jpg

IMG_20130221_092653.jpg

IMG_20130221_112251.jpg

IMG_20130221_180629.jpg

Great idea - let us know how it works

Do you think the beer will get warm in the tubing? I wonder if you could somehow keep them chilled

Neat Idea... almost a jockey-box...

I like the Vertical-ness of it...

Makes me think I might try this and make it a bit bigger to fit in a chill-plate.

Oh great..... another project...

What are the dimensions on this?

Is it topple proof? Having the co2 in there must give it some weight

Great idea - let us know how it works

Do you think the beer will get warm in the tubing? I wonder if you could somehow keep them chilled

I have them insulated with the best Plumbing insulation I could find. 1/2" thick so hopefully that will help but I am sure once they are flowing it won't matter.

What are the dimensions on this?

Is it topple proof? Having the co2 in there must give it some weight

20" tall 12" wide and 6" deep, just enough to fit the CO2 and regulator with taps.

Pretty sturdy since I put the bigger piece of wood at the bottom to make a glass rest, it would take some force to knock it over. and with the CO2 in there it is nice and heavy.

I tested it in my garage and it works perfect but the real test will be this weekend out in the desert heat.

So I took it out to the desert for a few days and it worked perfect, couldn't tell the difference between this and my bar at home. No warm beer at all.

Congrats!

I tried to do something like this for the beach last year but I didnt start working on it until the day before we were leaving....wife wasnt happy. Maybe I will get something else done before this summer.

Back