Need everyones input!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derbycitybrewer

Reaction score
So Uncle Sam is helping my brewery out. I've been doing steeping grains and dme kits for a while now. Started allgrain but don't have equipment large enough to do 5 gallon full boils. So I'm buying a new boil kettlw(10 gallon) mash tun(thinking 10 gallon???) barley crusher(found cheapest o. Beersmith. And some odd and end things and a few 50lb sacks of grains. My question to everyone is where do you'll find your best deals for theses things? Thanks ahead of time for all of your help. I will respond ASAP. Cheers

I found my grain mill on amazon for $99 it's Millars B2 grain mill with a hopper. Kettle depends on what you want. Mash tun- build a cooler either round or rectangle. As for grains I'm not sure, but I've heard of bulk group buys on this forum you could look into that.

dannyhawkins said:
I found my grain mill on amazon for $99 it's Millars B2 grain mill with a hopper. Kettle depends on what you want. Mash tun- build a cooler either round or rectangle. As for grains I'm not sure, but I've heard of bulk group buys on this forum you could look into that.

The kettle I was ss for sure. And a ball valve. The grains are already talk g care of just added it In. What do u think of your mill?

So Uncle Sam is helping my brewery out. I've been doing steeping grains and dme kits for a while now. Started allgrain but don't have equipment large enough to do 5 gallon full boils. So I'm buying a new boil kettlw(10 gallon) mash tun(thinking 10 gallon???) barley crusher(found cheapest o. Beersmith. And some odd and end things and a few 50lb sacks of grains. My question to everyone is where do you'll find your best deals for theses things? Thanks ahead of time for all of your help. I will respond ASAP. Cheers
I can suggest getting your boil kettle and HLT from Agri-Supply. I purchased the "large set" which consists of a 10,8,7 and 6 gallon S/S pots. The two smaller ones I use for general cooking,but the 10 and 8 gallon works good for 5 gallon batches. A 10 gallon MT is nice,so that you can make your "Big" beers. Agri-Supply is also a good place to purchase burners as well. When I purchased the pot set,it was $129 for all 4,which was about a year ago. I want to say the price has gone up a little,but still a good deal. They are not thick pots,but I have managed to pump out plenty of beer in them,just as long as you are not tossing them around in your garage/shed,etc,you should be fine.Here is my configuration to give you and idea of them.My MT is a 10 gallon in the pic as well.

IMG_0273.jpg

Started allgrain but don't have equipment large enough to do 5 gallon full boils. So I'm buying a new boil kettlw(10 gallon) mash tun(thinking 10 gallon???)

I picked up a 7.5 gal (30 qt.) turkey frier from Home Depot for around 100 bucks. Its aluminum so I only like to use it for a HLT. I use 2 kegs for my MLT & Boil kettle. They rest over the burner. Ive done 10 gallon batches on it with out any issues.

bluenose75 said:
I can suggest getting your boil kettle and HLT from Agri-Supply. I purchased the "large set" which consists of a 10,8,7 and 6 gallon S/S pots. The two smaller ones I use for general cooking,but the 10 and 8 gallon works good for 5 gallon batches. A 10 gallon MT is nice,so that you can make your "Big" beers. Agri-Supply is also a good place to purchase burners as well. When I purchased the pot set,it was $129 for all 4,which was about a year ago. I want to say the price has gone up a little,but still a good deal. They are not thick pots,but I have managed to pump out plenty of beer in them,just as long as you are not tossing them around in your garage/shed,etc,you should be fine.Here is my configuration to give you and idea of them.My MT is a 10 gallon in the pic as well.

Thanks for the input. That's a great deal but I've already got all the smaller pots. I think I wanna put that money towards 1 nice pot if u know what I mean. Cheers

beerinasippicup said:
I picked up a 7.5 gal (30 qt.) turkey frier from Home Depot for around 100 bucks. Its aluminum so I only like to use it for a HLT. I use 2 kegs for my MLT & Boil kettle. They rest over the burner. Ive done 10 gallon batches on it with out any issues.

My LHBS has a 10 gallon ss pot for around $100 but no holes drilled in it. So then I would have to get a step bit and drill my wholes. I def wanna get ss over aluminum so it will last me a lifetime. I'm thinking a polar ware pot but just gotta find the right site. Cheers

derbycitybrewer said:
The kettle I was ss for sure. And a ball valve. The grains are already talk g care of just added it In. What do u think of your mill?

I love my mill it's adjustable and I just put a cordless drill on it to save the arm.
I'm looking to upgrade to a larger kettle next. I haven't done a lot of shopping but the 15gal (60qt) megapot at northern brewer or Austin homebrew looks good. It's stainless and has a clad bottom for even heat dist. Plus they will add anything you want and nothing you don't keeps the price just a bit better.

Back