RI Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJadedDog

AFK ATM
Reaction score
Just wanted to drop a line here for those of you who don't frequent the Introductions forum. We've started a new HBT group for RI Brewers (and our nearby friends from MA and CT). We plan to organize meet-ups and a brew swap in the near term. Longer term goals may include forming a Rhode Island brew club or just getting together for brew days.

Anyway, if you're from RI, head over there and join up :tank:

Any plans for a group outing at the beer fest in November? That could be fun, and would be incentive for the_Wife and I to make the trip down.

Any plans for a group outing at the beer fest in November? That could be fun, and would be incentive for the_Wife and I to make the trip down.

Well, we are in the very beginning stages of putting things together but I would say it's a safe bet a bunch of us will be heading over there. I will definitely be there myself.

Hey guys... not trying to push the club at all but I've been recently elected Pres of South Shore Brew Club.

We've been around since 1992 and we cover most of RI with guys regulary making the trip up to our meetings from Jamestown and Portsmith. Our meetings are almost always around Mansfield MA (not too far from anywhere in RI) and we draw members from as far north as Boston and as far west as Framingham.

We have about 40 members and our meetings average about 20 people. We do a huge group brew every year brewing a 50 gallon oak-barrel batch. Two years ago it was a braggot, last year we did a barleywine and this year I think we're going with a quad. We also do a lot of "buddy brews" where we have one-off brew days for smaller amounts with members.

We also run one of the largest competitions in the state of Mass every year.

Monthly meetings are the second Tuesday of every month. Last Tuesday was "Belgian Night". We had a Belgian importer come in and do a tasting of 9 different Belgians and talk about the brewing techniques, the history of the breweries, etc. It's one of the few times we did a commercial session and it was worth it.

We do four in-club competitions per year and do homebrew topic presentations at every meeting.

Check it out... (altough I need to harrass our secretary to update the newsletter and calendar)

South Shore Brew Club

HEY EVERYONE... Everyone still brewing in the RI tristate area? just wanted to know if anything new has been going on. Im a Rhode islander started brewing a couple months back and im addicted.

Been a long time since anyone posted to this thread.
I am in NK and am about to hit the 100 gal mark in extract batches....also building an electric brewery gradually.

I know that a Rhodey club was formed not too long ago (maybe a year...year and a half ago). They're called RIFT. RI Fermentation Technicians I think. I only know one or two members but I think it is a quickly growing club.

I had to google it. How does one get to/from Prudence Island? Ferry? Thats wild.

What kind of brewing to you guys like to do?

Back