Beer bottle cups for beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes. i can't remember the name of the thread. but i've seen some cool ones cut. i like the ones with the lable printed right on the glass instead of on paper (rouge for instance)

yes!! awesome. for some reason i still see me drinking beer out of a beer glass/mug. then using these for like OJ or something.

i have seen this done for a slide for a guitar, but would think it would sharp and dangerous to drink out of

The ones I've seen for sale are smooth along the rim.
il_570xN.77175697.jpg

il_570xN.229947960.jpg

il_570xN.161888528.jpg

Wait, where are those?! Those aren't cut, they are heated up and the necks stretched out, you can still see the lip from the top of the bottle and the Sam Adams signature. Those are some much better than cut ones because they aren't 8oz glasses. I really like the budda beer ones too.

youtube it..I've seen the guy do that, and it looks fairly easy...he did build a jig, thogh

Wait, where are those?! Those aren't cut, they are heated up and the necks stretched out, you can still see the lip from the top of the bottle and the Sam Adams signature. Those are some much better than cut ones because they aren't 8oz glasses. I really like the budda beer ones too.

Yes that is cool.

To cut the bottles you don't need to buy a special bottle cutter. This is how I cut bottles:
firsts you mark with tape and a paper strip where you want to cut the bottle, then put the bottle in a place where there is a 90 degree angle (example: where floor and wall meet), then with a simple glass cutter I press on the bottle and rotate it 360 degrees, in this step you do what is called the score line. The next part is where you actually cut the bottle; get a candle and heat up where you scored the glass. Some tips for this part, if the bottle isn't completely dry inside it will heat unevenly and if you heat up the bottle to much on the next step it will break. After heating the bottle you put the heated part in water. Repeat this process until the bottle break into two. If the bottles get irregular cuts the it might be due to uneven heating or a bad score line, something that helps is to lubricate the cutter and never score twice a sampe place.
When attempting to cut bottles alway wear safety gogles and be aware that glass is sharp and if broken it can cut you

When the bottle is finaly cut the edges will be sharp so you need to sand them, it is extremely recomened to wet the sand paper so the glass dust doesn't get into your lungs
or where a respirator. Start sanding the edges with a rough sand paper and gradually change to a sand papers of higher gritt.
Don't gett disapointed if your first bottles get cut iregularly, it takes some tries to get bottle cutting right.

Back