going to build a collar for my freezer and...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnfever

Reaction score
I Finlay decided it was time to build a collar for my freezer! I am going with perlick taps and can only install 2 for now BUT later on I want to install a third. I would like to drill the hole for the shank and the plug it. When I have more founds (maybe santa ooopps the wife) I will get the third one. Is there any thing that I can use to plug the hole for now?

I know I could install the shank and get a cap for it. I really just don"t want to do that.

Just measure and mark on the inside of the collar, but don't drill the extra holes until you are ready to put in faucets. It'll look better that way, and down the road you might change you mind on spacing or arrangement of taps.

Just measure and mark on the inside of the collar, but don't drill the extra holes until you are ready to put in faucets. It'll look better that way, and down the road you might change you mind on spacing or arrangement of taps.

Thanks!!

I like that better than capping the shank..

What I did was use a spade bit & drilled from the inside until the guide point just emerged. So when I want to add the 5th & 6th taps, I put the guide in the hole from the outside & drill out the 1/8" that's left. What I have right now is four taps and two tiny holes.

On mine I ended up just drilling out all the holes. The middle tap which isn't in use yet is plugged up with a cork in the inside of the tower and from the outside I used a pvc cap sanded down to fit the hole. Looks a little ugly but it serves its purpose.

If you are in the kitchen sink area at Home Depot or Lowes, you can pick up plugs for unused sink faucet holes. These are very clean looking on the outside and have a threaded nut on the back to hold it tight. Then, when you have the third faucet, you don't need to drill anything.

What I did was use a spade bit & drilled from the inside until the guide point just emerged. So when I want to add the 5th & 6th taps, I put the guide in the hole from the outside & drill out the 1/8" that's left. What I have right now is four taps and two tiny holes.

That's exactly what I did - just drilled until the pilot of the spade bit poked thru. Then put a nice brass screw in the little hole until I got the last two taps.

:mug:

Back