3 awards at World Beer Cup!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTpilot

Reaction score
Boy did I pick the right brewpub to start waiting tables at two years ago.

I've been the Assistant brewer since last July, and it's easily the best job I've had. Besides the fact that I can actually say I am a professional brewer, I'm one of two employees in the brewery that are making some of the best beers in the world.

Sharptail Pale Ale got silver for American Style Pale Ale

Stillwater Rye got bronze in Herb and Spice Beer

Sandbagger Gold got bronze in English style Summer Ale

I think if only one of those was a gold, we would have continued to be best Small Brewpub that we got at GABF last year. The brewery that won got two golds. I guess to golds wins more points than 2 bronze and a silver.

I think it's time to pour me a home brewed Sharptail (this last batch came pretty freakin' close) and start today's brewing session.

Thanks. I'm very proud for Travis. I wish I could say I had some creative control, but that's all in his boat. He asks my opinion on things when we're tasting beer, but really I'm just trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can before I inevitably move on to an airline job (gotta put the expensive degree to work).

My jobs in the brewery are the less glorious ones; shovel the mash tun, clean ferementors, mill the grain, ...

Here's the full list of winners

Category 35: American-Style Specialty Lager, 28 entries
Gold: Steel Reserve, Miller Brewing Co., Milwaukee, WI
Silver: Busch Ice, Anheuser-Busch Inc., St. Louis, MO
Bronze: Mickey's Ice, Miller Brewing Co., Milwaukee, WI

these always amaze me. isn't there somebody that can make a better "specialty lager"?

Steel Reserve!?!

Steel Reserve!?!

If I want carbonated horse piss, I'll bring a corny out to the farm!

Congrats. I'm soooo jealous right now. You must be soaking up quite a bit of info. soak it all up, then bestow our wisdom upon us!

Wow, that's awesome. Yeah, learn all that you can - you'll have a helluva resume to show off when you're ready to move on and become a head brewer someplace yourself.

Thanks all. Monday was a fun day at the brewery as the news spread. Work was interrupted by a TV interview and lots of phone calls. It actually ended up a day of do-overs. I forgot to put the cleaning chemicals in the tank for cleaning lines, so I had to do it over. Then Travis forgot to turn off the glycol when we were cleaning the fermenter, so after the 45 minute PBW cycle, the solution was at 40 degrees, and it didn't clean a thing.
But we were both feeling great. The job now is to plan some sort of medal winning party, and try to get the rest of the brewpub excited about the medals. Unfortunately, much of our staff doesn't know much about beer. We actually get better reviews nationally than we do locally.

So it goes living in Montana.

Latest posts

Back