Normal Krausen Formation or not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkbrew85

Reaction score
So I just pitched a 2 liter of Ommegang yeast cells 24 hours ago for an All grain tripel that I am brewing. Pitch temp was 55F, hoping for natural warming to 66-68F.

I have not opened a fermenter this early as by now I normally have rapid fire bubbles (5-15 a second) out the blow off tube.

On top of this beer/wort, I have a very thin, but dense looking white foam, which looks very similar to a Guiness head with nitro. Is this the beginning of the krausen head formation or is it an issue I will need to attempt to fix?

Thanks for any help!

So I just pitched a 2 liter of Ommegang yeast cells 24 hours ago for an All grain tripel that I am brewing. Pitch temp was 55F, hoping for natural warming to 66-68F.

I have not opened a fermenter this early as by now I normally have rapid fire bubbles (5-15 a second) out the blow off tube.

On top of this beer/wort, I have a very thin, but dense looking white foam, which looks very similar to a Guiness head with nitro. Is this the beginning of the krausen head formation or is it an issue I will need to attempt to fix?

Thanks for any help!

RDWHAHB. That sounds like how most batches start krausen formation. Now leave it alone. :D

Back